• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Vanquinho getting into an awful state here. Surely you can understand why a part time side in a relegation battle, leading the league leaders away from home have used some time wasting tactics? 

It's down to Hibs to win it back and score goals, crying about us defending a lead is deflecting from your own sides inadequacies.

I don't get into awful states pal.

And of course I understand it, I just think it's sweaty and anti-football as f**k to begin this at the 30th minute.

57 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Don't try talking them round by talking sense to them

You think time-wasting is impossible while the ball is in play. Every opinion you have on football is invalid after that revelation.

8 minutes ago, Vanquinho. said:

I don't get into awful states pal.

And of course I understand it, I just think it's sweaty and anti-football as f**k to begin this at the 30th minute.

We took the lead twice in the match by playing anti-football? I'd suggest you start looking at your own team for not being good enough to break down a "sweaty football" team, whatever the f**k that is.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

'Vanquinho' is the sort of guy who stands up to point and shout whenever a throw-in isn't taken from the exact spot the ball went out imo.

And also when these chancers steal a few yards at free-kicks as well, obviously.

Just now, The Moonster said:

We took the lead twice in the match by playing anti-football? I'd suggest you start looking at your own team for not being good enough to break down a "sweaty football" team, whatever the f**k that is.

Where did I mention that scoring goals is anti-football? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Vanquinho. said:

Where did I mention that scoring goals is anti-football? :rolleyes:

Well you didn't. Is your argument that we only played "sweaty anti-football" when our goalkeeper got the ball at his feet?  If so, dry yer eyes.

Time wasting is exactly what the lower table teams are going to do against us as soon as they take the lead. Ayr did the exact same thing against us in the 1-all draw and they scored much earlier than Dumbarton.

Not a fan of time wasting obviously but you do whatever you can to win or at least come away with a point. With the players we have we really should be hammering the teams that are time wasting against us. Giving them the opportunity to time waste is no ones fault but our own

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well you didn't. Is your argument that we only played "sweaty anti-football" when our goalkeeper got the ball at his feet?  If so, dry yer eyes.

1 minute ago, Dave1875 said:

Time wasting is exactly what the lower table teams are going to do against us as soon as they take the lead. Ayr did the exact same thing against us in the 1-all draw and they scored much earlier than Dumbarton.

Not a fan of time wasting obviously but you do whatever you can to win or at least come away with a point. With the players we have we really should be hammering the teams that are time wasting against us. Giving them the opportunity to time waste is no ones fault but our own

All I'm saying is that I find time-wasting for the majority of games is boring and annoying, regardless of who does it. I understand why it happens, I just find it makes games slow, tiresome and cumbersome. Dumbarton were nowhere near as bad for this as some teams I've seen, however, especially as they scored two goals.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Tbf it doesn't help when the ball boys are so slow. 5 minutes to go and they are walking about going to get the ball back. Start running you little c***s. 

:lol: 

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's no different to saying that Robert Thomson has scored 4 goals in 10 games since the turn of the year after managing 4 in 19 at the start of the season, or that Gregor Buchanan has been booked 8 times and suspended twice this season. It's merely pointing out an usual statistic. Conceding 3 penalties in 10 games (assuming that Saturday's was given against him) is high. The fact that two of them (imo) were never penalties doesn't come into the stat, they were given, so he conceded them. Blame who you want for that; someone not picking up their man at a corner, his boots for the fact he slipped on Saturday, the referee for giving it, whoever. 

58cf7eb58eb6d_Screenshot2017-03-20at07_02_29.thumb.png.dc80a410fdcb22a10d9c9ebeeef2a853.png

If the ref gave that penalty for Barr tripping Holt then it was an even more ridiculous decision than I thought at the time

Archived