4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That may well be the case, but he's also the main reason we managed to get a point.

Your argument is bizarre. If Martin hadn't been in goals we'd have been pumped, he pulled off saves nobody would've expected him to. Would you say that a striker who scored a hat-trick but missed a decent chance cost his team the game if it ended 3-3?

Isn't any different for a 'keeper, but naturally everyone loves getting tore in and letting the outfield off the hook.

I still suspect another referee would've bailed him out and given a foul for Graham jumping into him, but alas it wasn't to be.

It is different for a 'keeper though. One mistake and that's usually a goal. Strikers can make as many errors as they want, with ~0% direct chance of conceding. But if they're missing glaring chances then, yes, they would cost the team the game regardless of how many they've scored.

Easy to jump on the goalie because of how important it is that he make no mistakes, and I jumped on it because of his Oxley tactics.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

If you don't want time wasting then why not try and win the ball back?

I understand that but if the opposition team keep passing it from side to side at the back, back to the keeper, shielding it in the corner etc then you are going to struggle to win it back.

Unless of course you are suggesting pushing your entire outfield 10 into the opposition final third to get the ball back, exposing you to counter attacks and more goals conceded?

Have you ever played football?

Arseholes around me booing gray when he was being subbed off 

The highlight of yesterday was efe ambrose striding out of defence like a beautiful antelope, galloping down the line before screaming at Boyle to run down the line and Boyle just standing there ignoring him :lol: 

also, McGinn pushing Diabeto off the park. Should've just decked him. Hearts c**t.

image.png

2 hours ago, Vanquinho. said:

Saving shots is his job. Colossal f**k-ups is not.

You clearly didn't notice much at all, did you? He began his time-wasting in ~32nd minute, where he would take control of a loose ball at his feet and wait for an attacker to close him down before picking it up. Hibs' fans discontent with this shitebag behaviour was very clear.

That's not time wasting. It's standard practice for goalkeepers. To draw an attacker on to them and leave more space up the park for their own players.

Just now, rockson said:

That's not time wasting. It's standard practice for goalkeepers. To draw an attacker on to them and leave more space up the park for their own players.

It's time-wasting. How is a Hibs attacker going to take up space "up the park" beside the Dumbarton attackers, where the goalie's kicks invariably go?

1 minute ago, Vanquinho. said:

It's time-wasting. How is a Hibs attacker going to take up space "up the park" beside the Dumbarton attackers, where the goalie's kicks invariably go?

They'll be supposed to be marking someone somewhere surely? If they're drawn to the keeper they can't do that. And that leaves space which can potentially be exploited. It's why forwards don't often approach the keeper in those situations but leave him to it.

6 minutes ago, rockson said:

They'll be supposed to be marking someone somewhere surely? If they're drawn to the keeper they can't do that. And that leaves space which can potentially be exploited. It's why forwards don't often approach the keeper in those situations but leave him to it.

James Keatings (for example) will be standing beside the Dumbarton defenders, where none of the clearances from the 'keeper went. What space does he want to exploit?

1 hour ago, Vanquinho. said:

James Keatings (for example) will be standing beside the Dumbarton defenders, where none of the clearances from the 'keeper went. What space does he want to exploit?

He doesn't. Someone else does. Football is all about exploiting spaces when and where they appear.

Seen the penalty incident on the sonstv; looks like the foul is bucky having two hands on the striker and not anything darren barr has done. @sonsteamof08

Funnily enough I was just coming on here to ask if anyone knows what it was given for. Holt absolutely buys it, but the referee *appears* to give it Holt falling over Barr who is already on the ground. As he looks unmoved at first.

Either way I don't think it's a foul. My earlier point wasn't meant to be having a go at Barr, more pointing out that conceding three penalties in as many months was a high record. His one against Morton was the worst decision I've ever seen mind you, so I absolutely do not blame him for that.

IMG_1489961539.952579.jpg

IMG_1489961608.424338.jpg

Having watched it back about ten times, and concentrated on the referee's movements I'm almost fully sure he gives it for a foul by Barr. It looks more like Holt kicking his leg then going down, but after the penalty he won at the Rock earlier in the season that's hardly a surprise.

The ref, to be fair to him, wasn't fooled by a lot of Holt's tricks yesterday. There was one in particular in the first half where he chucked his backside into (IIRC) Harvie before throwing himself to the ground right outside the box. It looked obscene, but is the sort of things referees always buy. Fortunately for us the ref smiled, shook his head and ignored it.

9 minutes ago, rockson said:

He doesn't. Someone else does. Football is all about exploiting spaces when and where they appear.

Obviously :unsure2:

So what space is the team supposed to exploit by dragging him to the box? Doing that makes passing to the wingbacks even easier because they're in space. But the goalkeeper never did that. He picked the ball up each time and hoofed it after a further 10 seconds.

So8; I'm sure Barr's bothered by the penalties too, but saying that he's been involved in them suggests some blame or fault.

The Ayr one is the only one I'd suggest that he misjudged and that being a shoulder barge within the box.

In the video for the Hibs one you can see Bucky pulling on Holt and Holt windmilling as he tries to keep his balance/break free/attract the ref. The ref moves and then sees Holt fall over Barr. The only one who can say what the offence is would be the ref, however with the benefit of video replay we can see that Barr is blame and offence free.

Vanquinho getting into an awful state here. Surely you can understand why a part time side in a relegation battle, leading the league leaders away from home have used some time wasting tactics? 

It's down to Hibs to win it back and score goals, crying about us defending a lead is deflecting from your own sides inadequacies.

31 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

So8; I'm sure Barr's bothered by the penalties too, but saying that he's been involved in them suggests some blame or fault.

The Ayr one is the only one I'd suggest that he misjudged and that being a shoulder barge within the box.

In the video for the Hibs one you can see Bucky pulling on Holt and Holt windmilling as he tries to keep his balance/break free/attract the ref. The ref moves and then sees Holt fall over Barr. The only one who can say what the offence is would be the ref, however with the benefit of video replay we can see that Barr is blame and offence free.

It's no different to saying that Robert Thomson has scored 4 goals in 10 games since the turn of the year after managing 4 in 19 at the start of the season, or that Gregor Buchanan has been booked 8 times and suspended twice this season. It's merely pointing out an usual statistic. Conceding 3 penalties in 10 games (assuming that Saturday's was given against him) is high. The fact that two of them (imo) were never penalties doesn't come into the stat, they were given, so he conceded them. Blame who you want for that; someone not picking up their man at a corner, his boots for the fact he slipped on Saturday, the referee for giving it, whoever. 

58cf7eb58eb6d_Screenshot2017-03-20at07_02_29.thumb.png.dc80a410fdcb22a10d9c9ebeeef2a853.png

Vanquinho getting into an awful state here. Surely you can understand why a part time side in a relegation battle, leading the league leaders away from home have used some time wasting tactics? 
It's down to Hibs to win it back and score goals, crying about us defending a lead is deflecting from your own sides inadequacies.

Don't try talking them round by talking sense to them

Archived