ICTFC v Ross County

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming the likes of Tremarco are back from injury and suspension and we have no other players drop out this week I'd like to see us go with the following:

Fon Williams
Raven Laing McCart Tremarco
Draper Tansey
King Polworth Cole
Mckay

Tough to leave out Warren but he's been so shaky this season it's hard to justify him staying in the side when Laing and McCart have been a bit stronger than he has. Probably just about prefer to have Raven over Brad Mckay at RB but not much in it. Draper and Tansey back in the middle please with Polworth just ahead. Tansey has really come onto a game recently and looks much more comfortable working with Draper and Polworth who will work significantly harder than Vigurs does to help protect the defence.

Doran is out for six months and rumours are Mulraney is out as well. If that is the case I'd like to see King and Cole get a start and obviously it has to be Mckay up front. He might not have bagged as many goals as I would have hoped but his all round hold up play is a cut above anything else we have in the squad.

Really have no idea how this will pan out. I think it definitely falls into the must win category for us but we've still only won once in 17 games. Hardly the form to give us confidence going into this massive match.

Not unthinkable that we have one more winner takes all derby after the split. This weekends game is massive but imagine if we had a scenario where a win for one side sent the other down on the last day of the season? I'm getting shivers.

56 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Any word on if Fox will be back? McCarey was ok against Killie after coming at such short notice, but I'd me much happier with Fox back in goal.

I doubt there will be any substantial news about availability of players in the press this week apart from the usual long-term absentees.  Jimbo will be keeping his cards very close to his chest.

If we lose this, we'll be deep in the shit but at least I'm certain Jim will be gone.

If we win, we'll at least be that little bit safer.

Sod's law we'll draw, Jim's tactical tombola will roll on for a few more weeks and we'll end up being relegated as a result.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kevin McNaughton played against our U20s yesterday, fwiw.

Yeah he seems to be getting back to something like full fitness which should be a decent boost. He looked pretty handy before his injury and we've been struggling at the back all season really.

Mulraney might be back as well. His pace will terrorise the County defence whilst his crossing will terrorise the fans in the North / South stand.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Ross County.

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me, in person, that they take greater pleasure in ICT losing, than they do Ross County winning.

I'm absolutely certain there are Ross County fans on this site who feel the same.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me, in person, that they take greater pleasure in ICT losing, than they do Ross County winning.

I'm absolutely certain there are Ross County fans on this site who feel the same.

A more interesting question is are there any Ross County fans on this site don't feel the same?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I will take great pleasure if the cat ticklers lose tomorrow.

*must admit i don't think they will, score draw imo.

don't know what to expect from County anymore but i really hope we can just pull it together for the next couple of weeks and put some points on the board. I don't rate our manager, I don't rate quite a few of our players but its times likes these we just need to get behind the team and our club. McIntyre/Dodds won't be there forever but we will be. We've got to take the harder times with the good.

I hope we send this lot down.

Come on County

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just when I think you might just be recovering from your one-trick pony syndrome you go from managing not mentioning Ross County in a sentence to a Tourette's meltdown thereafter. 

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I think these are predicted on expected goals but he tends to be fairly consistent with outcomes.

He predicted that we'd beat Rangers I think.

Archived