ICTFC v Ross County

This is going to be a very important relegation 6 pointer and one we need to win, especially with County on a bad run of form.

The return of Tremarco and Draper will be massive in my opinion.

OFW

Raven McCart Warren Tremarco

Draper

Mulraney Polworth Cole

Mckay Boden

I would be inclined to go with 2 up front  but do think RF will go with 1 up front as he normally does.

Some may criticise me for dropping Greg Tansey but Mulraney and Cole as wingers was a no brainer, especially with the form Mulraney was on against Rangers.  Draper in front of the back 4 was also a no brainer, up until Sinclair's goal, he was very solid against Celtic and then Polworth in central midfield was my choice ahead of Greg.

Subs I would have: Hoban; McNaughton; Laing; Tansey; Vigurs; Anier and Fisher.

Its a  home game so let's play like we did on that Friday and get the win that increases County's relegation fears whilst also closing the gap on others, eg. Motherwell, Accies and Dundee.

My prediction: ICT 2-1 Ross County (Mckay and Draper for us; Boyce for them).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be hard to leave Tansey out of the starting XI considering he worked hard against Partick yesterday. I'm feeling quite confident we'll win on Saturday. Seems to be a bit more fight in the side having seen us work hard against Partick to pick up a point. 

Wasn't there yesterday but dropping Tansey after he's actually started playing relatively well is madness. Go back to the midfield three of Draper, Polworth and Tansey. Mulreany is still injured I think, which is a shame as he started to look like he was improving and using the ball better as well as his pace.

Defensively we've got a difficult decision to make with the centre backs. If we go back to a four then one needs to drop and given how we played earlier in this run I'd say it'd be Warren. That's a huge call though.

I have little confidence at the moment. We are still very poor and by all accounts Dick Turpin'd it yesterday.

I'm going to guess that Davies and McEveley were given their weary bodies a rest in anticipation of this game, which hopefully means that Quinn can be rotated out to recuperate.

Jim could end up doing anything in this game.  I don't know if he will have the balls to keep playing the 3-4-1-2. He has seven wide midfielders/wingers in the squad but is playing just one of them, at wing-back.  Boyce scored in the league for the first time in 2017 vs Killie, but he's still playing way too deep to carry a barely-existing midfield.

Goodness knows if Woods will be fit after going off early yesterday. I wouldn't usually worry about that but he was excellent in the last two derbies - County lost control of the game when he went off at Hogmanay.

Tansey was our best midfielder yesterday and has to start, I think. Agree about dropping Anier, and Boden did OK when he came on yesterday, so possibly he does deserve a chance to play up alongside Mckay - we haven't seen him for any length of time in that sort of combination yet. Alternatively, I wonder if Polworth could play just behind Mckay, ahead of Draper and Tansey? Cole should occupy one of the wide areas, but with Mulraney out, we'll probably see Polworth stuck out on the right again, unless Foran decides play one of Brad Mckay or Raven ahead of the other. Central defence is the biggest headache. For me, Laing is a definite starter; Warren probably edges it over McCart for me because of his experience and leadership, although he did look off the pace and a bit uncertain yesterday. Of course, Foran might choose to go with the three again. If so, it will be a horrible game.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

FON WILLIAMS

RAVEN  McCART  LAING  TREMARCO

KING  TANSEY  DRAPER  POLWORTH  COLE

Mckay

But will Foran have the bottle to bench Warren and Vigurs and play Polworth and play an attacking formation ?!!

Completely forgot about King for some reason. Yes, I'd probably go with the above, perhaps swapping McCart for Warren.

Mary - you were clearly suffering yesterday. Warren looked out or sorts yesterday, played out of position but saved our day and our season. May be harsh but I hope that goal does not influence Foran. Gary has been really suspect of late and I don't think that he could cope with the frantic atmosphere and pace of this crucial Highland Derby.

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

This is going to be a very important relegation 6 pointer and one we need to win, especially with County on a bad run of form.

The return of Tremarco and Draper will be massive in my opinion.

OFW

Raven McCart Warren Tremarco

Draper

Mulraney Polworth Cole

Mckay Boden

I would be inclined to go with 2 up front  but do think RF will go with 1 up front as he normally does.

Some may criticise me for dropping Greg Tansey but Mulraney and Cole as wingers was a no brainer, especially with the form Mulraney was on against Rangers.  Draper in front of the back 4 was also a no brainer, up until Sinclair's goal, he was very solid against Celtic and then Polworth in central midfield was my choice ahead of Greg.

When you post line-ups and opinions like these, the fact you don't attend matches is as clear as day.  Tansey dropped?  What?!  He had a good game yesterday as he's had in the last few games and even with his downturn in form this season, we're still a better side with him than without him.  Mulraney is probably going to miss out again while Boden starting is your strangest choice of all.  First of all he's too similar to Mckay to form an effective partnership and as you haven't seen him play, I'll fill you in on the fact that he's absolutely terrible.

Absolutely no confidence in our ability to take anything from this. McIntyre has lost the plot. For those of you worrying about the threat of Liam Boyce, don't be. Jim in his wisdom has him playing as a CM.

3 hours ago, tintax said:

Absolutely no confidence in our ability to take anything from this. McIntyre has lost the plot. For those of you worrying about the threat of Liam Boyce, don't be. Jim in his wisdom has him playing as a CM.

Unbelievable really, along with playing Gardyne left wing back. He's like a shite Marcelo Bielsa.

22 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Can you get odds on County not having a midfield and shitting the bed when they lose the first goal?

If that happened, whilst pleasing, it would go very much against the grain for us given we've conceded the opening goal in 70% of our games this season. 

Archived