Pars vs Honest Men

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done ayr. Very well organised today. Don't want to be too critical about us but that was awful. Taking off Moffat was utterly moronic and losing Paul and Geggan killed us. Williamson tries hard but bless him he can't cross the road.

It's odds on for a draw or a loss. I have a season ticket and I've seen us win once this season, and that was a freak result against Morton. I've missed every single victory apart from that game, therefore I'm not holding out much hope for a win as I'll be in attendance on Saturday.

Called it.

So few posts, and no confidence at all from Ayr support. Thought you west coasters were gallous and defiant. It doesn't bode well and this might be one those frustrating 0-1 days. 

Called it. Frustrating indeed. First 20 minutes we should have been 2-0 at least and cruising. Ayr were a shambles during that period and it looked like we should have been thinking about how many.

Losing the goal early in second half made the clock tick faster as we made the wrong decision at every turn. Ayr were getting more confident with every touch they got of the ball.

I was hoping for a run of meaningless games and mid table mediocrity. Make no mistake we are now in a relegation dogfight after those results today. This could now go to the wire.

ETA I blame Islam.

ETA ISLAY autocorrect FFS!

Didn't see that coming but I'll take it! The other results make interesting reading, our next three games will in all probability define our season. I'm going to have a beer or seven tonight.

Time to accept that we really are in a relegation fight. That's concerning, because we were totally outfought by Ayr today. They wanted it more and won every 50/50 and every loose ball.

I wouldn't say Ayr were impressive, but they turned up willing to fight for a result. Our players turned up expecting a result. Not good enough. Ayr did defend well, but I would put that down to our clueless (or non-existent) tactics more than anything else.

Moffat was the only Pars player who created anything (hit the post first half, Fleming saved his shot early in second), yet was the first player taken off. Completely mental.

Indeed. Then when we actually make substitutions from a change, the shape stays the same. Even though Ayr had 11 men behind the ball. And Reilly and Hopkirk despite being fresh refused to close down any Ayr players. That was as bad as anything from the Potter era. Clueless, heartless, hopeless.

That's concerning, because we were totally outfought by Ayr today. They wanted it more and won every 50/50 and every loose ball.

I wouldn't say Ayr were impressive, but they turned up willing to fight for a result.

Maybe our players deserve more credit than some might give them.

One of the best performances i've seen this season with regards to fight and passion. Wasn't the prettiest performance but we just need wins now however we get them.

Thought certainly we were lucky to be still in the game halfway through the first half as we were dominated for first 20 minutes or so and all over the place at the back.

The confidence started to build though before half time when we started making passes and moves down on the deck. Then we came out in 2nd half and almost conceded within about 20 seconds but then we got the goal which was fortunate to say the least but they all count and after that it was just going to be a case of hanging, however we did have a couple of chances to kill off the game. 

For Dunfermline they're definitely in a relegation battle now and there performance today justified why they're in that position.

Archived