Pars vs Honest Men

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Falkirk fan said when we signed him that if we had wingers who got to the byline and whipped it back to him, he'd score. We barely ever did that. We fired it long, hope he'd win it and then hope that Clark wad running in the same direction so he might gather it. What actually happened was that more often than not he wouldn't win it, he'd give a foul away or if he did win the header, it would be totally in than he opposite direction Clark was heading. Given AJ's reluctance to make subs he didn't even get too many chances coming on late as a different option. No I'll feelings but didn't think he was great. Having said that, I also thought Gozie Ugwu was rotten. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A Falkirk fan said when we signed him that if we had wingers who got to the byline and whipped it back to him, he'd score. We barely ever did that. We fired it long, hope he'd win it and then hope that Clark wad running in the same direction so he might gather it. What actually happened was that more often than not he wouldn't win it, he'd give a foul away or if he did win the header, it would be totally in than he opposite direction Clark was heading. Given AJ's reluctance to make subs he didn't even get too many chances coming on late as a different option. No I'll feelings but didn't think he was great. Having said that, I also thought Gozie Ugwu was rotten. 

I loved Ugwu tbh, was gutted when we punted him.

I've got to look after my pup on Saturday afternoon. Undefeated since I got him. A win would be huge for us on Saturday. Would give us a ten point gap over Ayr and with Queens and St Mirren playing it could give us an 11 point lead over St Mirren with a game in hand (or see us leapfrog Queens in the unlikely event of another St Mirren win). 

Glad he went as he didn't suit us. Play Clark and Farid - hoofball, play Moff and Clark - wingers to byline and cross balls in. Used to infuriate me, 0 logic.

Sounds like McCall watch you do that to no effect then decided we should do the exact same.

Pars aren't even remotely in danger of relegation, us and Raith are significantly worse with Dumbarton there too as a cushion. I suppose the one positive (and there are very, very few) of being relegated would be that we get to go at least a season without seeing us giftwrap points for Dunfermline, as per.

Also, watch how many times Farid is caught offside on Saturday. It actually beggars belief.

Farid still did us a turn this season. He won us the 4-3 game against St Mirren and scored a sort of hattrick in the 2-1 cup win over Queens Park. A brief but helpful contribution. Good season of hattricks at East  End. Faird's 2 + 1 og, Cammy Bell's three penalty saves. Cardle hattrick to start the season and four in a game by Nicky Clark. It's Moff's turn for one on Saturday.

On paper, it should be a home win but the last time a team in dreadful form came to play at EEP and the opposition fans were writing their team off, we drew 1-1 with St Mirren.

An early goal or two a-la-Dumbarton at home and I think we should be on our way. If it gets to HT at 0-0 or worse, its a toss up. We *should* get the job done though.

As for the pitch, the days are getting longer, theres a lot more light around and the pitch has had nearly two weeks to recover. We should see an improvement in it's condition. Unless of course Gavin Reilly finally did the right thing and gave up football to become an apprentice greenkeeper.

Ayr are bound to be feeling the pressure with St Mirren all but caught up. Need to start better than the first 20 minutes in games (Hibs/St Mirren) and get into them from the kick off. Score early and Ayr may well crumble.

If Farid misses a few times we'll be singing "Where's your pound coin gone" to the tune of Chirpy Cheep Cheep...

I think Farid will try too hard to show AJ what he has missed out on and make a total arse of it. 

Many off sides, then he'll get frustrated and start hacking. 

I only hope our players keep the heed and don't get involved in a hackfest. 

Home win 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

With no Adams, Docherty, Crawford, Cairney, McDaid or Moore we are getting utterly rode here.

What's up with the above? Injured, suspended? I feel we should win and have a good record against Ayr, but hearing that a few of their players may miss out is still a plus.

28 minutes ago, JFPar said:

What's up with the above? Injured, suspended? I feel we should win and have a good record against Ayr, but hearing that a few of their players may miss out is still a plus.

The whole of midfield is just about out at the moment with Injuries. Certainly if Adams, Docherty, Cairney and McDaid had been fit that could have easly been our starting midfield.

Archived