Rovers v Dundee United

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apathy reigns over this game.

My season ticket has not had good use this season. Next season is definitely PATG and attendance will depend on performances.

Just checked and I've seen 9 home league games and we've lost 5 of those. I've only seen us beat The Pars and that jammy last minute win over QoS. I also caught a 2-1 League Cup win over Montrose. That can be summed up as "boooooooo! Booooooooo! Ya useless c***s!"

I wish I still cared enough to boo them and shout abuse.

Feeling more optimistic after watching the managers interview. He definitely talks a good game. Realistically we are at home to a side who are also in poor form so this could be one of our best chances for a win in this last quarter. 

Feeling more optimistic after watching the managers interview. He definitely talks a good game. Realistically we are at home to a side who are also in poor form so this could be one of our best chances for a win in this last quarter. 

I've just went and watched the interview there and I'm the opposite. I'm less confident for tomorrow now after watching it.

I've gone through the familiar cycle of 'f**k that was an awful result' > start a new thread and concentrate on the next game > Oooo big game with Dundee United > aww f**k St Mirren won again > next game is almost here and I really can't be bothered going to watch our shitty attempts at football > stay in the house and watch the scores come in from our latest defeat.

My season ticket may attend but I won't be there.

Hughes is saying the same thing every week, and we arent seeing it on the pitch.

"Work hard, beat your opponent, dont cheat yourself, give it everything, win your battles"

We arent seeing any evidence of this.  Theres only so many times we can hear the same old with little to show for it.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hughes is saying the same thing every week, and we arent seeing it on the pitch.

"Work hard, beat your opponent, dont cheat yourself, give it everything, win your battles"

We arent seeing any evidence of this.  Theres only so many times we can hear the same old with little to show for it.

That's what gets me, if the players on the pitch don't deliver what he wants, why do they then start the next match ?

Even with United being on a poor run of form I don't think they'll need to be anywhere remotely near their best to get a win against us at present. 

I'm starting to get bored of Yogi's interviews. Yes what he was saying to begin with was exciting and refreshing but we, as Rovers fans, probably weren't used to that style. You could probably take parts of his interviews, put into one video and loop it over and over for the rest of the season and it would do.

Well pardon me for trying to be positive. The previous two home games under Hughes have been a draw against Hibs and a win against an in form st'mirren. Surely the manager and players have learned from last week's abomination and we will see a positive reaction on the pitch. 

Just seen the Rovers preview and it mentions that Pratt Street will be closed and no access to stadium via Links Street. I normally park either behind the flats on Links Street or at Stocks. Anyone know if those areas are out of bounds or if Links Street is only partially shut?

Links Street was closed for resurfacing last week but as of today is open again. Pratt Street is earmarked for resurfacing from Ramsay Road to the lights at the top of Bridge Street. Not sure when this starts.

Edit to add - more info here.

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Just seen the Rovers preview and it mentions that Pratt Street will be closed and no access to stadium via Links Street. I normally park either behind the flats on Links Street or at Stocks. Anyone know if those areas are out of bounds or if Links Street is only partially shut?

Worst case you'd get parked easy enough on the street next to the Hyundai garage, facing onto the prom. 

Well pardon me for trying to be positive. The previous two home games under Hughes have been a draw against Hibs and a win against an in form st'mirren. Surely the manager and players have learned from last week's abomination and we will see a positive reaction on the pitch. 

We'll see.

My bet is Rovers 0 v 1 United. Plucky defeat.

Archived