Rovers v Dundee United

So, home to a misfiring Dundee United. Can we get back on track? Big Yogi is hopefully fucking raging tonight. He took this gig to get his face back in the shop window, and probably thought he would save the Rovers with relative ease. The script is going wrong.

Can we get a result here?

Who is in the starting XI and who can GTF out the club? Same question to United fans.

Who will make our goals?

Who will score our goals?

How good/bad/indifferent are United at the moment?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

So, home to a misfiring Dundee United. Can we get back on track? Big Yogi is hopefully fucking raging tonight. He took this gig to get his face back in the shop window, and probably thought he would save the Rovers with relative ease. The script is going wrong.

Can we get a result here?
 Definitely and you probably will.

Who is in the starting XI and who can GTF out the club? Same question to United fans.
 Everybody.

Who will make our goals?
 Nobody.

Who will score our goals?
 Nobody.

How good/bad/indifferent are United at the moment?
 This is our worst team in History.

It doesn't matter what United fans think how bad there team is, we'll simply roll over to an easy defeat. We are abject in every position. The worst midfield and attack I've ever seen since being a Rovers fan from the early 70's.

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotchamp/form/eight

Not sure how accurate that is. Have United really only taken 6 points from their last 8 games?

And half of those 6 points were earned against us in an abject 3-0 defeat that would've been 6 or 7 if United hadn't went into piss-taking mode and shooting on sight. 

Another defeat beckons. 

18 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

We have 3 decent centre backs, and we leak goals, so must be time for 5 at the back, with full back having a licence to get forward.

We've tried it twice now, and lost 1-0 to both Morton and Ayr. Which in fairness is generally a more successful result than we're used to.

Is Toshney suspended for this? Got to go down as a blow if so. No idea what's happened to him, but I can't say I'm disappointed about it. 

No idea who I'd play, but I do know I'd be trying to work around leaving Declan McManus out. He might actually be our worst ever striker who gets a start every week - we've undoubtedly had worse, but they generally end up warming the bench (see Skacel, R). One league goal in 23 appearances is no obstacle for the bold Declan's place in the starting line-up.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

We've tried it twice now, and lost 1-0 to both Morton and Ayr. Which in fairness is generally a more successful result than we're used to.

Is Toshney suspended for this? Got to go down as a blow if so. No idea what's happened to him, but I can't say I'm disappointed about it. 

No idea who I'd play, but I do know I'd be trying to work around leaving Declan McManus out. He might actually be our worst ever striker who gets a start every week - we've undoubtedly had worse, but they generally end up warming the bench (see Skacel, R). One league goal in 23 appearances is no obstacle for the bold Declan's place in the starting line-up.

I imagine Toshney will be suspended for the St Mirren game on Wednesday evening but his suspension is a blow for the opposition as we are a better team without him.

I imagine Toshney will be suspended for the St Mirren game on Wednesday evening but his suspension is a blow for the opposition as we are a better team without him.

Are United still playing Toshney as a right back?

As others have said no matter how bad Utd fans think they've been playing recently times it by 10 and you'll get close to what we've had to endure. Saturday was quite possibly the lowest I've felt as a Rovers fan since Anelka. We have a team which appears to not only have no quality but no fight or passion. You can get away without the quality if you can work hard collectively and are organised but I've seen nothing to suggest our players are able to or even want to do that. I feel that this match is the defining moment in our season and our reaction to the disgrace that was Saturday there will show who really is up for the fight. If we roll over, put in another pathetic display and lose 3 or 4 nil then we will finish 10th. 

2 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

As others have said no matter how bad Utd fans think they've been playing recently times it by 10 and you'll get close to what we've had to endure. Saturday was quite possibly the lowest I've felt as a Rovers fan since Anelka. We have a team which appears to not only have no quality but no fight or passion. You can get away without the quality if you can work hard collectively and are organised but I've seen nothing to suggest our players are able to or even want to do that. I feel that this match is the defining moment in our season and our reaction to the disgrace that was Saturday there will show who really is up for the fight. If we roll over, put in another pathetic display and lose 3 or 4 nil then we will finish 10th. 

Yeah, I'm usually a "bottle half full" type, but this gutless bunch will take us down, we'll see St Mirren in 8th, I think.

2 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

This.

The performance we put in at tannadice during our last tanking there is still far ahead of anything in the since (other than the hibs game) we were more than lucky to come away from the st mirren game with anything considering the performance looked pretty much the same as every other week.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Are United still playing Toshney as a right back?

No, at least we've learned that lesson.  He's played a couple of times as defensive midfield and done good.  However playing this position on Friday he made three lunging challenges in the first 30 minutes resulting in a warning, a first yellow and a second yellow - all deserved.

No, at least we've learned that lesson.  He's played a couple of times as defensive midfield and done good.  However playing this position on Friday he made three lunging challenges in the first 30 minutes resulting in a warning, a first yellow and a second yellow - all deserved.

He can really only play defensive midfield or central defence. He is rotten at full back.

Ray is quite pig-headed in terms of playing him out of position when he clearly can't play there.

How many games at full back before Ray changed him to midfield?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

He can really only play defensive midfield or central defence. He is rotten at full back.

Ray is quite pig-headed in terms of playing him out of position when he clearly can't play there.

How many games at full back before Ray changed him to midfield?

Too many.  

Archived