Linlithgow Rose v Gartcairn Juniors Scottish cup quarter final

Gartcairn Army

Excellent performance and attitude from our lads today. Couldn't have asked for more from them. 
Think everyone is aware it's been a tough season but credit where it's due - they were bang on the money and did a great job. 
Looking forward to the semi finals and 8MileBU - you can continue to carp from the sides with that desperate "look at me" pish. 

[emoji38]

boo hoo.big bad ref.you my friend are a grade one fud.when was the last time your mob were in the Scottish beyond Xmas ?.all bad refs was it ?.

[emoji38]

Well they won't be playing a decent team in two weeks time ya peezil.

Now away and sniff yer sister's pants ya roaster that ye are.

Oooft! [emoji38]

I don't have a sister m1, but I'd suggest you're the roaster coming out with that right classy patter! What a fucking state to get yourself in! [emoji85]

And the Rose go BITE! BITE! BITE! BITE!

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooft! [emoji38]

I don't have a sister m1, but I'd suggest you're the roaster coming out with that right classy patter! What a fucking state to get yourself in! [emoji85]

And the Rose go BITE! BITE! BITE! BITE!

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

You are still the only one to phone the site owner asking him to stop your banning - what a state to get yourself in.

I was respectfully wary of gartcairn today as the cup throws up upsets all the way but today rose were excellent! Unfortunately for gartcairn we didn't let up after the game was effectively won and kept the foot down.

As auld heid said that's a few goals scored over the last few games so bring on the draw, it certainty won't be easy but we're there and there are many teams who would like to be !

HTG

Linlithgow hit a spirited Gartcairn Juniors side for 7 this afternoon on a very impressive Prestonfield Park playing surface, watched by decent sized crowd.

I noticed the home team now do their warm up at the Social Club end of the ground, and have swapped dugouts.

The Rose are still a bit hesitant at the beginning of games though, the visitors passed up a golden chance to take an early lead when their no 8 shot wide from 6 yds inside the first 10mns of the game.

Rose got into gear soon after, when Tommy Coyne, and Kevin Kelbie, put them 2 in front in the 1st half.

2nd half Rose played with tremendous, strength, class, and vision to put the ball in the visitors net on another 5 occasions.

The lad McNab ran from the halfway line and coolly slotted home from 10 yds.

The visitors right back denied TC a goal when he found the roof of his net from a couple of yds out.

Next up Rose's no 12 Small did well to find room inside the box to put his side 5 up.

TC finished in fine style from 10 yds for no 6.

Rose's very impressive no 11 Swann ended the scoring with a fine strike from 12 yds out.

Linlithgow's Connor Kelly, best player on the pitch for me, ran amok all day on the right wing, and rattled a fine header off the Gartcairn crossbar, late in the game.

Thought our forward line in 2nd half was impressive. Small and Coyne in middle with Swann and Kelly out wide.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth inBeggarland as we continue to improve every week. We have still to peak this season .

2 hours ago, DuklaWandy said:

As a Cairn fan I take a lot more from your take on the game than perhaps I did after the game on the journey home 

The better team won fair and square there are positives for Cairn from a terrible result 

MTC 

17 minutes ago, Miller69 said:

As a Cairn fan I take a lot more from your take on the game than perhaps I did after the game on the journey home 

The better team won fair and square there are positives for Cairn from a terrible result 

MTC 

You had a lot to be proud of in your team's run to the quarter final, and for 45 minutes, didn't look out of place against a Superleague side.

Archived