Do you have a beard?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have one yes but it's very well trimmed and not one of the bushy efforts. Not shaved in at least a year, I have a grooming kit instead. [emoji38]

^^^ OFTW

Shaving is shite.

47 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Probably just as well Keith doesn't have to buy razor blades if this is the level of self-loathing he's carrying around all day.

I love myself it's bearded slobs like yourself and a couple of the other hipster wannabes itt  that I loath. 

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't have a beard. I don't project my inability to grow one into loathing for people who do.

Cheer up Miguel I'm only joking. You can save us the HNC esque social psychology. 

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If I'd had one before I'd have shaved it off by now. You know life has taken a wrong turn when you need a beard to find a sense of belonging.

Hilarious post :lol:

Does anyone grow a beard to "find a sense of belonging"? 

I had a beard in the late 80s when I wore contact lenses but shaved it off when I had specs for a while simply to avoid being mistaken for Gerry Adams.  Specs and a beard has never been a good look.

Salt n pepper beard and specs. Gave up on my contacts about the same time as the beard arrived 4/5 years ago. And I look nothing like Gerry Adams. Not sure if it's a 'good look' or not but it's me and fairly sure I'm not on the OFTW register.

Did once shave it off a couple of years ago (started by a mistake with the clippers) - the wife cried, the weans hid, the dog refused to be seen out in public with me. It's staying.

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hilarious post :lol:

Does anyone grow a beard to "find a sense of belonging"? 

I get the impression that quite a few sad acts grow them to be part of a particular group, or at least emulate that group.

A bit like the odd folk with no pals who will smoke to hang about with the smokers to be part of a group.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I get the impression that quite a few sad acts grow them to be part of a particular group, or at least emulate that group.

A bit like the odd folk with no pals who will smoke to hang about with the smokers to be part of a group.

Ah right, it sounded like you were claiming everyone with a beard was doing that.

Archived