Scottish Lib Dem Conference

Fide

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well spoken Chris, I do however feel like you're wasting your time trying to convert the Lib Dems to indy, the only way to stay in Europe is to vote yes to indy, then and only then can your party try and be more than the 4/5th voice in Scottish Politics.

At least he's trying, gotta start somewhere, good on you Chris.

5 hours ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Yeah that's the one, still absolutely glorious :) I think my speech has made the desired impact. The speech should be on iplayer soon

Brilliant stuff. Every other Lib Dem can still absolutely get tae f**k until that sorry excuse for a political party is in the fucking grave where it belongs.

11 hours ago, doulikefish said:

12 hours ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Yeah that's the one, still absolutely glorious :) I think my speech has made the desired impact. The speech should be on iplayer soon

Well done and a cool shirt :thumsup2

You (like me) should be voting for Independence every time.
Then after Indy, you (like me) should vote for the party of your choice.
Why waste your vote on Libs before Independence.

16 hours ago, ChrisMFCfan1886 said:

Yeah that's the one, still absolutely glorious :) I think my speech has made the desired impact. 

It's maybe not had the impact you were hoping for Chris. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39248104

I think it's very sad that the pro-union parties are painting themselves into a corner over this. There's no room for diversity at all. They are falling into the same pattern of behaviour they did last time and are not learning from the mistakes that SLab in particular made, resulting in swathes of lifelong labour supporters feeling abandoned by the party they'd supported all their days.

Just as the Yes campaign has to stop the vitriol towards No voters in order to win them over, the pro-union party must try to acknowledge that people with differing views can be made welcome within their parties. Alienating people rarely brings them over to your way of thinking. 

I was hoping that the LibDems might have taken a more reasonable stance, but it seems that's just been flung out the windae

Archived