Millennials vs Baby Boomers

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not sure I should google this...A flat I bought in Shoreditch in nineteencanteen is now being rented out for £1,500 a month and I paid £43,000 for it.  I remember paying about £2,000 to get the tiles laid on the back roof terrace.:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/100-haberdasher-street/london/n1-6ej/41609094

They've still got your King Billy picture up.

Interesting stuff here. I'd definitely add the bit about young people not being allowed to fail. Schools are pandering massively and so many kids are just sitting back doing f**k all (other than 3D pool and snapchat) in the knowledge that someone will eventually tell them what to write to get national 4 - or to pass a national 5 unit.

It's a scandal. Literally telling them what to write as the pressures are so strong from the management in school.

The higher education isn't particularly great either. Helped out with a university course recently where they've got so many in the classes for financial purposes that the standard of teaching has dropped dramatically. Bad performance was simply sorted out by flippantly dropping the 1st/2:1 cut-offs to make it look like lecturers were doing a decent job rather than looking at their own styles of simply rattling through PowerPoints.

I'm still raging about it, mostly because my degree has been driven into the ground as a result. This of course also means that Bachelors degrees are hardly worth the paper they're written on in cases, meaning that a non-funded Masters course is required for any form of relevance at the expense of a pile more debt.

• 3 years later...
Just now, Academically Deficient said:

I like your avatar. The Love Witch? 

Saying that, I've left my specs at home so it could be Bobby Gillespie. In which case I'll look like an idiot.

Forget i ever mentioned it.

It's Gerry Britton in his Pars heyday The Love Witch. Good spot.