Alloa vs Stenhousemuir

Stone Cold Stenhousemuir this weekend in a 22 man tag extravaganza.

Stone Cold Stenny have received the attitude adjustment from Alloa on two occasions in recent times, as well as overcoming all the odds in their other encounter to snatch a time limit draw after the disqualification of superstar Jim Goodwin.

Enough with the wrestling references. Alloa will be looking to pick up another 3 points here and keep the momentum going after winning their last 3. The postponement of the Brechin match last week has allowed them to rest up a few knocks and I imagine we'll be pretty much full strength for this. Perhaps a wee dilemma in the midfield for the manager. Stevie Hetherington has had a couple of excellent performances in recent games against Airdrie and East Fife, which will put him right in contention for a start tomorrow. Who makes way though if so? A welcome problem of course, and its nigh on impossible to predict Jim Goodwins starting lineup week upon week anyway.

Neil Parry played 45 minutes on Monday night in the Development League game. The manager has already stated he doesnt want to rush him back before time, so maybe another game for McDowall between the sticks.

Stenhousemuir will come into this confident after by all accounts a very convincing and comfortable home victory over Peterhead last week. Spoke to Bomber at half time of the East Fife midweek game and he was pretty confident regarding their chances of moving up the table. Quite a lot at stake for both teams, so hopefully a decent game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Parry making the game asbit more recovery time required he still was feeling some discomfort after Mondays game.

Rumour has it Hetherington and Robertson are both got suspended for Saturday. So we might see the manager in the starting lineup or at least a cameo from the bench. After recent performances this has a nil all ring about it

Although there's no reason we can't win tomorrow, I'm going into this one in hope rather than expectation. Alloa Athletic roundly bodied us the last time we played and I'd fancy them for the three points again. We're a better side than we were earlier in the year - we have a really solid striker in Mason Robertson and a variety of options from the bench - and I think we'll give them a decent game but unless we can sort out our defending, it'll end up being a sore one.

Same starting XI as last week - there's no reason to tamper with a winning side. Here's hoping the teams around us all drop points - we could climb as high as eighth come the end of the day!

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

Can't see Parry making the game asbit more recovery time required he still was feeling some discomfort after Mondays game.

Rumour has it Hetherington and Robertson are both got suspended for Saturday. So we might see the manager in the starting lineup or at least a cameo from the bench. After recent performances this has a nil all ring about it

Spot on mate

Current suspensions-

"SPFL – LEAGUE ONE 25/02/2017

LIAM DICK (STRANRAER F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/03/2017

JON ROBERTSON (ALLOA ATHLETIC F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/03/2017

STEVEN HETHERINGTON (ALLOA ATHLETIC F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/03/2017

JACK CRUMLISH (ALLOA ATHLETIC F.C.) 1 SPFL DEVELOPMENT MATCH FROM 13/03/2017

JONATHAN PAGE (EAST FIFE F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 14/03/2017"

He'll be in the dugout, waiting for the right moment to take out your subs.
Neil Parry puts heads to beds

Parry.jpg.b24a1399c99830dc4a60f59488ebe759.jpg

Hopefully with a steel chair.

Dont know if any Stenny fans are intending to travel by train but if so I believe the SDL are having their get together in a phone box at the train station tomorrow at around 1.30. Just to make you aware. Alternatively the counter demo is in the high street at around the same time.

Dont say we dont give you choices.

Clackmannanshire more than you imagine - indeed.

Dont know if any Stenny fans are intending to travel by train but if so I believe the SDL are having their get together in a phone box at the train station tomorrow at around 1.30. Just to make you aware. Alternatively the counter demo is in the high street at around the same time.
Dont say we dont give you choices.
Clackmannanshire more than you imagine - indeed.

Who are the SDL? I was going to travel by train and arrive in Alloa about then.

2 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Who are the SDL? I was going to travel by train and arrive in Alloa about then.

Scottish Defence League.

Just been reading a bit more about it and apparently a group called Glitter against Fascism are planning to be at the train station before them.

Looks like both demos will have access to the town at 2.00 or so.

Have fun kids.

I knew stevie wasnt far away from a suspension.

Leaves us a bit thin in midfield, not sure what i would go, jim will no doubt shock a few of us.

Stenny will no doubt have a bit of a lift after there impressive win last week and signing a few new players.

1 hour ago, falkirkwasp said:

I knew stevie wasnt far away from a suspension.

Leaves us a bit thin in midfield, not sure what i would go, jim will no doubt shock a few of us.

Stenny will no doubt have a bit of a lift after there impressive win last week and signing a few new players.

Holmer, Flanny, Cawley and McCluskey in midfield with Spence and Mackin up front would be my pick, however Goodwin probably sees it completely differently.

Alloa fans do you have student rates prices have not been put on on our website and the Alloa prices that I found online were last seasons. Any help would be great guys

Full whack for students.

Archived