Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Dave1875

Sequel to the Shadow of Mordor game. This looks sooo much fun with the amount you can do it in. The 16-minute gameplay trailer has made me wish August will hurry the f**k up

Cinematic Trailer

16-minute gameplay 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that looks like a really good upgrade on what was a good first game. A lot of thought clearly gone into the gameplay so it's not just the hack and slash fest the original was. 

The first game was awesome for what it was. The fact that they've completely upgraded the nemesis system so it not only affects you vs certain Uruks but Uruks vs other Uruks, can't wait for this

• 6 months later...

I'm hearing about plenty of day 1 DLC. Which is a shame but I'm not supporting that pish any more. I can definitely wait and get this cheap down the line.

I understand why people pre order but it's getting pretty hard to trust publishers now.

42 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I'm hearing about plenty of day 1 DLC. Which is a shame but I'm not supporting that pish any more. I can definitely wait and get this cheap down the line.

I understand why people pre order but it's getting pretty hard to trust publishers now.

To "Honour" a producer who died of cancer while making this game they are offering a DLC character with his name.... for a fiver. They claim the money made will go to his family... in 45 states in the US, but in the other states and the rest of the world, the family wont see a penny from any purchases. Very nice of them to profit from his death

4 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

To "Honour" a producer who died of cancer while making this game they are offering a DLC character with his name.... for a fiver. They claim the money made will go to his family... in 45 states in the US, but in the other states and the rest of the world, the family wont see a penny from any purchases. Very nice of them to profit from his death

They've pulled that idea and made it free due to the ethical backlash. But there is another called Blade of Galadriel I think. If it's ready at day 1 and I'm expected to pay full price, I expect it to be included in the game at launch, not pay more.

Just now, GiGi said:

They've pulled that idea and made it free due to the ethical backlash. But there is another called Blade of Galadriel I think. If it's ready at day 1 and I'm expected to pay full price, I expect it to be included in the game at launch, not pay more.

Im glad they have, but the very idea they considered it after all the BS around the previous games release doesn't paint them in a good light. I've got the first game but never gotten around to playing it, pretty sure i grabbed it when it was under a fiver and then forgot about it. I keep meaning to give it a shot as i hear nothing but good things about the game.

8 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Im glad they have, but the very idea they considered it after all the BS around the previous games release doesn't paint them in a good light. I've got the first game but never gotten around to playing it, pretty sure i grabbed it when it was under a fiver and then forgot about it. I keep meaning to give it a shot as i hear nothing but good things about the game.

It is really good and you should play it through. Can literally wade into 50 + uruks and win. Although it will take a while when the bosses start showing up in 3s and 4s.

This looks excellent too but I won't be contributing at full price if the publishers take the piss and hold back content to make people pay more.

Just now, GiGi said:

It is really good and you should play it through. Can literally wade into 50 + uruks and win. Although it will take a while when the bosses start showing up in 3s and 4s.

This looks excellent too but I won't be contributing at full price if the publishers take the piss and hold back content to make people pay more.

Sadly very common now. I tend to rarely buy new games at release because of crap like that

I really enjoyed the first game bit never actually finished it, I'm hoping there's no huge story link between the games that I'll miss if I don't bother finishing it.

Advert I just seen there had a fucking Balrog in it. If you get to fight, or control, a fucking Balrog I'm aff my tits in live with the game.

On your two points:
1) The story was incredibly forgettable and the ending was, well, non-existent, so you’ll be fine with that.
2) I saw a fight with a Balrog on YouTube. While it starts so well, you end up just controlling a beast the exact same size, then it resorts to a punch-up.

Archived