St Mirren v Dundee United 15/3/17

On 12/03/2017 at 01:17, Gmfc 23 said:

Get this mob a step closer to the drop utd make it happen thanks.

Why would you want a Dundee United win here? If they do they go back to 3rd ahead of us. It's all a good laugh watching how shite St Mirren have been this season but I'd much rather they do us a favour here. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm uncomfortable with Saints wins being predicted. Against Hibs it was an easy win for Hibs, Saints won. Against Raith it was about them not scoring or winning in ages and having no keeper so naturally they won 2-0. Pars were going to score loads after 5 against the Sons. We draw 0-0. 

Tl;dr I prefer when saints aren't backed to win cause we never win when that happens. 

15 hours ago, Scosha said:

Why would you want a Dundee United win here? If they do they go back to 3rd ahead of us. It's all a good laugh watching how shite St Mirren have been this season but I'd much rather they do us a favour here. 

Because unfortunately there's a wee element of folk on here who seem to dislike St. Mirren more than they support Morton and are really that thick that they'd see us beaten at the detriment of their own club. 

Bit of a shame really. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Because unfortunately there's a wee element of folk on here who seem to dislike St. Mirren more than they support Morton and are really that thick that they'd see us beaten at the detriment of their own club. 

Bit of a shame really. 

I would not worry what the few supporters of the wee team think. Going for promotion and they could only muster 1451 on Saturday. The Mightly Buddies fighting relegation and we had 4582. They remind me of Gretna without the money - a wee team overachieving.

18 hours ago, Scosha said:

It's really sad that SOME morton fans on hear geniunely care more about St Mirren losing than Morton's promotion chances.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

I would not worry what the few supporters of the wee team think. Going for promotion and they could only muster 1451 on Saturday. The Mightly Buddies fighting relegation and we had 4582. They remind me of Gretna without the money - a wee team overachieving.

Tragic :lol: Cappielow is terrible when there's TV camera's in the Cowshed as it restricts the view from pretty much anywhere. Can see why people get put off. Previous home game there was over 2300 for a 3pm kick-off. St Mirren had half of the gate you on Saturday in the previous home fixture against Dunfermline this season - which was also at 5.15 on Alba, on a Saturday night. Attendances drop when it's on the TV, normal for most teams. 

I'm thinking of heading along to this game tomorrow night so dropped into this thread to get a feel of what the fans of the two teams thought about the game. 

Going by the attention the thread is getting I now need a bit of advice. 

If I head along tomorrow should I go the St Mirren or Dundee United end? Or should I just sit in the Morton end? 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Bit of a shame really. 

Dundee United beating the bottom-feeders of the division really wouldn't be "to the detriment" of Morton. After all we'll be doing so ourselves in four weeks' time.  

Thanks for playing anyway, and get doon. 

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

Dundee United beating the bottom-feeders of the division really wouldn't be "to the detriment" of Morton. After all we'll be doing so ourselves in four weeks' time.  

Thanks for playing anyway, and get doon. 

The equals no gains for you though a chalks another game off, meaning it is detrimental. Surely an ideal scenario from a Morton point of view would be for us to beat or at least draw with Utd and Morton to beat us. 

Said it before the Hibs game and will say it again before this game.  If Fraser is playing (and he probably will be) don't let him take corners.  His corners are horrendous, how McKinnon can't see that is beyond me.  Also Telfer must start.

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The equals no gains for you though a chalks another game off, meaning it is detrimental. 

Erm, we're already above them in the league, having played the same number of games. "No gains" all round against the same opponents between now and the end of the season = a 2nd placed finish and play-off advantage for Morton. 

A contribution from dross like Saint Mirren is simply not required: get doon then. 

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm, we're already above them in the league, having played the same number of games. "No gains" all round against the same opponents between now and the end of the season = a 2nd placed finish and play-off advantage for Morton. 

A contribution from dross like Saint Mirren is simply not required: get doon then. 

There you go. I didn't even know Morton were above them, such is my fear of looking at the league table. 

Archived