Canada at Easter Road

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He has already said the regulars who don't play club football thats a lot will get game time

if he has said that then he should be sacked on the spot the dinosaur that he is. #jobsfortheboys

If it had been a standalone friendly we'd likely see new players.  As it is, I can see why he said that (if he said that).  He's got an absolutely massive game coming up a few days later, and in that sense there's not much point in going into that game with players he wants to use having little game time.  He's got a chance to give them some playing alongside players they'll be fighting with on the Sunday, so he'll take that over giving new players more time in what will likely be a very low tempo game.  

Not that I'm saying it's necessarily the right thing, but it's not the suicide note some will make it out to be.

If it had been a standalone friendly we'd likely see new players.  As it is, I can see why he said that (if he said that).  He's got an absolutely massive game coming up a few days later, and in that sense there's not much point in going into that game with players he wants to use having little game time.  He's got a chance to give them some playing alongside players they'll be fighting with on the Sunday, so he'll take that over giving new players more time in what will likely be a very low tempo game.  
Not that I'm saying it's necessarily the right thing, but it's not the suicide note some will make it out to be.

Is that game massive? We are already dead in the water in this group.

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Is that game massive? We are already dead in the water in this group.

For him it absolutely should be.  If we win, people will still likely hate him.  Lose, and it gets all the worse.  A win isn't likely to see us suddenly change fortunes and rise up the group, but it's certainly more likely to happen than if we lose, no matter how slim.  Of course it's a massive game.

For him it absolutely should be.  If we win, people will still likely hate him.  Lose, and it gets all the worse.  A win isn't likely to see us suddenly change fortunes and rise up the group, but it's certainly more likely to happen than if we lose, no matter how slim.  Of course it's a massive game.

Lots of things 'should' apply with Strachan. The Slovenia game is well down that list due to his own incompetence.

10 minute walk away from me and I'm not going. Shite. £22 that'll be right. The whoring of John McGinn in the promotion of this game is pathetic. Darren McGregor is a cert to be called up a day or two before too boost the numbers once they realise no c**t will be there

Guest DAVIDB69
10 minute walk away from me and I'm not going. Shite. £22 that'll be right. The whoring of John McGinn in the promotion of this game is pathetic. Darren McGregor is a cert to be called up a day or two before too boost the numbers once they realise no c**t will be there

Well mcgregor is nearly 32 so in Scotland terms he is young and one for future

Canada is sending a pretty mediocre squad. A lot of the first team isn't there which is disappointing because I was hoping for a better match and a better test for Scotland before the Slovenia match.

Goalkeepers: Leutwiler (Shrewsbury Town/ENG), Thomas (Bodø/Glimt/NOR).

Defenders: Ledgerwood (FC Edmonton), James (Vasas/***), Lefèvre (Montréal Impact), Straith (FC Edmonton), Gasporotto (Falkirk FC/SCO), Tissot (DC United/USA), Corbin-Ong (FSV Frankfurt/GER)

Midfielders: Aird (Falkirk/SCO), Piette (CD Izarra/ESP), Arfield (Burnley/ENG), Trafford (Sandecja Nowy Sacz/POL), Bustos (Vancouver Whitecaps), Hoilett (Cardiff City/WAL), Fisk (FC Edmonton).

Forwards: Haber (Dundee/SCO), Jackson (Walsall/ENG).

From a Scottish perspective, at least Hoilett might test whoever is playing right back. 

Archived