Bro's or Ho's

It's not really that simple either once a couple of years fall away and you move in together etc though. Going out at the weekend soon becomes a chore.

Except it doesn't unless you're an absolute bore. I lived with my ex for several years and routinely found time for both. It's only as difficult as you make it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, throbber said:

It's not really that simple either once a couple of years fall away and you move in together etc though. Going out at the weekend soon becomes a chore.

You're getting confused with booze before bros. 

One of my best drinking mates started going out with some bint and he turned to shite.
He went from us drinking 3 or 4 nights of the week to only wanting to go out about once a month, which coincided with her meeting her pals.
After 2 hours of pish chat whilst he was on his phone texting her, he'd want to go to some pub miles away where she'd be with her pals. You'd get a couple more drinks before the inevitable 10pm, "I've got stuff to do tomorrow. I'm going up the road".
Her pals were fucking horrible mutant rats. Wid not.

True but you just know that if the guy did the naughty and his fiancée found out then Dindeleux would somehow be to blame for not stopping him.

No I wouldn't have been, I just didn't want my mate to have his steak and eat it because...........refer to previous post.

One of my best drinking mates started going out with some bint and he turned to shite.
He went from us drinking 3 or 4 nights of the week to only wanting to go out about once a month, which coincided with her meeting her pals.
After 2 hours of pish chat whilst he was on his phone texting her, he'd want to go to some pub miles away where she'd be with her pals. You'd get a couple more drinks before the inevitable 10pm, "I've got stuff to do tomorrow. I'm going up the road".
Her pals were fucking horrible mutant rats. Wid not.

4 nights a week? Were you in love with him?

Depends on which team you support. If, for example, you're a Cowden fan you might as well spend Saturday afternoon with some swamp donkey engaging in something resembling parking a sausage up the Tyne Tunnel (copyright S.T. Sexist, 1988) as this would give you marginally more pleasure than attending Central Park. 

Except it doesn't unless you're an absolute bore. I lived with my ex for several years and routinely found time for both. It's only as difficult as you make it.

Ended up breaking up with his ex because he was spending too much time with his bro's type post.

Obviously you want to have a balanced life, spend time with your mates and your girlfriend.

Remember though that few things are worse than guys getting into their 30s who want to behave the same way they did tlwhen they were 19/20. You know the guys, highlights in the hair, G-Star jeans and a tight t-shirt cutting around terrible nightclubs chatting up every girl there. Don't be that guy.

Had a feeling you'd make that crack. How predictable.

I had a sleepless night thinking it up.

I agree with what you have said though it's good to have a balance so you're not stuck with the Mrs yet not constantly dingying her for your mates.

Obviously you want to have a balanced life, spend time with your mates and your girlfriend.

Remember though that few things are worse than guys getting into their 30s who want to behave the same way they did tlwhen they were 19/20. You know the guys, highlights in the hair, G-Star jeans and a tight t-shirt cutting around terrible nightclubs chatting up every girl there. Don't be that guy.

Too late [emoji20]

Sums up my life. Invited to events and agree to meet people constantly at some future date that seems miles off Before I know it the date is upon me and I can't be arsed going out and spend the full day regretting agreeing and wishing I could just sit my arse on the couch and watch Tv instead.

My New Years resolution is to reduce the number of people I feel obligated to spend time with in half.

What about people in their early 20s having a 'keeping up with the jones'' attitude and just genuinely going about thinking their better than others their age because they got a mortgage and/or married the first bird that they met? Is that better or worse?

On 10/03/2017 at 08:23, ICTChris said:

It shouldn't have to be a competition. Once either a set of pals or the other half get needy and into the mindset that it is, it can be a problem though.

I reckon we all know a group of punters like that - I sure do. They've thankfully calmed down a bit now, but there were about six or seven guys I knew - not my close pals, but all good guys when you got them on their own - who used to invariably turn up together to the boozer or a club in a phalanx and stay in a huddle the entire night - attention-seeking, being loud as f**k and slagging any one of their number who detached themselves to actually go talk to a burd. They'd then wonder how they never got any action - we used to call them the Peter van Vossen Loyal because they never scored.

By the same token, there's a subset of my missus' pals who pull the same stunt from a female perspective. Anytime she meets up with them - normally for a meal, she's more or less given up on going drinking with them through embarrassment - she comes home rolling her eyes saying the entire time was spent with them moaning about how men are shite, but conversely they can never get one - just a thought: might be something to do with being a group of screaming 30-something harpies trying too hard to play Sex and the City real life mode...

Archived