St Mirren vs Pars

What types of cheating are and aren't acceptable?

Is it ok to push the defender so you can get a clear run at goal?

Is it ok to grab the attacker to prevent him being able to head the ball comfortably?

Is it ok to block off the defender so your teammate becomes unmarked?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Do the Pars fans still fear relegation? Ourselves and Ayr aren't catching you's surely?

Can you see Ayr winning 3 more games than you? Or us winning 4 more games than you? No chance.

I'm pretty cynical so I'm always ready for things to go wrong. That being said, I think we'll be ok. We were pretty poor in our last couple of matches and still managed to pick up a couple of points. It's possible but St Mirren, Ayr and the wee team being shite helps us immensely.

Do the Pars fans still fear relegation? Ourselves and Ayr aren't catching you's surely?
Can you see Ayr winning 3 more games than you? Or us winning 4 more games than you? No chance.

Unlikely, but you never know.

We are a hard team to beat. Can't see us losing too many games until the end of the season. Win next week and I'd say we're pretty much safe.

Thought we were honking, TBH. Long passages of play when basically nothing seemed to be happening: no build-up of play, no passes strung together, no pace, no width, no cutting edge, no options for the man with the ball. Any chances that were created pretty much trickled towards the keeper.

Ridiculously, we looked a bit tired, which always fucks me off. We have been wanting games and momentum to 'gel' the new players; now we've got it and they all look fucked. 

We simply aren't good enough to stay up and I've made my peace with going down now: anything good that happens from here on in is a bonus.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm pretty cynical so I'm always ready for things to go wrong. That being said, I think we'll be ok. We were pretty poor in our last couple of matches and still managed to pick up a couple of points. It's possible but St Mirren, Ayr and the wee team being shite helps us immensely.

Can't see the Pars getting involved in the relegation debate. 1 defeat in 10 games? Your team is decent enough to pick up points to move on- only 3 points behind Queens who are apparently in the dead zone of not being involved in anything! 

It's between us and Ayr at the moment for 10th with an outside chance Raith could be sucked in if their poor form continues and we pick up wins especially in the games in hand- this seems unlikely. 

53 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thought we were honking, TBH. Long passages of play when basically nothing seemed to be happening: no build-up of play, no passes strung together, no pace, no width, no cutting edge, no options for the man with the ball. Any chances that were created pretty much trickled towards the keeper.

Ridiculously, we looked a bit tired, which always fucks me off. We have been wanting games and momentum to 'gel' the new players; now we've got it and they all look fucked. 

We simply aren't good enough to stay up and I've made my peace with going down now: anything good that happens from here on in is a bonus.

Bit harsh. We didn't play particularly well, but we were certainly not honking. Sure we needed more composure up top and fluffed the chances we had but Pars are a decent enough team and defence did well. A few months ago we'd have lost that game as we couldn't keep a clean sheet. 

I don't think it is ridiculous that we are tired. We signed a lot of new players, some of which hadn't played much and in 2 weeks we've played Ayr, Hibs, Celtic, Raith, Dunfermline. Jack mentioned that he couldn't play some players Saturday as he is trying to manage them in terms of the number of games and avoiding injury. 

12 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Answer to question one. No. 

Answer two. No chance.

Answer three. No

Answer four. No

The St Mirren of Saturday were a much better team than from the first time we played them this season. I have been at all four games and the improvement each time is obvious. 

I don't think that we are safe yet, lose to Ayr and we are back in the mix as we have two very hard games to follow; Morton (a) and Hibs(h) 

Archived