St Mirren vs Pars

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttteeeeeeeeee!!!!!

So aye, the game was fairly shite. You can see why both teams are near the bottom.

Hate diving and our team were guilty more than once today. Utter shitebag behaviour and not what I want from Pars players.

Ref was hilariously bad, but never cost either team.

Don't get where all this "exciting game" chat is coming from. There were pockets of end to end stuff but it was mostly two very poor sides running around aimlessly, with not a sniff of quality on the pitch. We didn't lose and got a clean sheet; those are the only positives.

McMullan's dive was embarrassing, as was Herron's. The latter has had two absolute stinkers in a row. MoTM again would have to go to either Murdoch or Morris.

AJ's post-match is certainly a different view of the game than I had...

mcmullen deservedly booked, was embarrassed when he went down. Paton should have won it but fluffed it. higgy and herron were poor again, assuming the latter has lost interest now that we're safe and he's not going to be staying.

morris showing the quality he had during his first spell and building a tidy wee partnership with ashcroft. we sort out our full backs and we have a prem quality defense imo, can get away with talbot just now but desperately need to sort out right back if williamson is going to be injured so much

According to AJ

It must have been a great game for the neutral.

"St Mirren put us under a lot of pressure early on but after the initial 15 minutes I thought we weathered the storm and were the better team.

"It was just our final decision-making that let us down.

"Gary Irvine put a challenge in from the back on Paul McMullan and it looked a penalty."

It was a dire game for everyone to watch. Who are these neutrals these managers think watch their diddy league games?

Dunfermline did nothing all game and only ever looked dangerous on the breakaway when bodies were commited forward.

He thinks it was a penalty? A challenge as far from the dugout as possible, where the ball was cleanly won and wee greeting face threw himself to the ground which he continued to do anytime a defender so much as got within six feet. We might be shite but I'm glad we shipped filth like that out a long time ago.

Used to think AJ was alright, but he's starting to sound like that dour faced deluded p***k houston.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I noticed Josh Todd was handed his first start today, how did he get on?

Pretty dire to be honest. His only memorable contribution was when he received a throw in with a chance to easily cross in and he took his eye off the ball and let it run out. Pretty sure he did this against your lot as a sub as well.

Just now, christinanade said:

Pretty dire to be honest. His only memorable contribution was when he received a throw in with a chance to easily cross in and he took his eye off the ball and let it run out. Pretty sure he did this against your lot as a sub as well.

He did, aye. Just after coming on.

That's a shame. I've got a lot of respect for him, playing without a wage for us whilst working stupid hours in a petrol station, but I was surprised to see Jack move for him. He wasn't bad for us, but he wasn't great either. Just a 6/10 every week. Wouldn't let the team down, nor would he contribute much.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He did, aye. Just after coming on.

That's a shame. I've got a lot of respect for him, playing without a wage for us whilst working stupid hours in a petrol station, but I was surprised to see Jack move for him. He wasn't bad for us, but he wasn't great either. Just a 6/10 every week. Wouldn't let the team down, nor would he contribute much.

Yeah that about sums up his performance. Wasn't any worse than most of the team but didn't really contribute anything. I think he's banged a few goals in for the development team so there must be some potential there.

7 minutes ago, christinanade said:

He thinks it was a penalty? A challenge as far from the dugout as possible, where the ball was cleanly won and wee greeting face threw himself to the ground which he continued to do anytime a defender so much as got within six feet. We might be shite but I'm glad we shipped filth like that out a long time ago.

I'd much rather our players dived and we stayed up than were heading to the seaside leagues.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd much rather our players dived and we stayed up than were heading to the seaside leagues.

Each to their own. I'd rather embrace the shiteness and book my return trips to the seaside now rather than be a wee greasy snake personally :thumsup2

After McMullan fell down in front of the West Bank, after the Mallan incident, his captain (Geegan?)  absolutely roasted him. Clearly his antics weren't appreciated by his own team.

He's fucking shite anyway. 

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

mcmullen deservedly booked, was embarrassed when he went down. Paton should have won it but fluffed it. higgy and herron were poor again, assuming the latter has lost interest now that we're safe and he's not going to be staying.

morris showing the quality he had during his first spell and building a tidy wee partnership with ashcroft. we sort out our full backs and we have a prem quality defense imo, can get away with talbot just now but desperately need to sort out right back if williamson is going to be injured so much

'Now that we're safe'

:lol: We aren't safe. Pipe doon

Can't say I've ever noticed many pars players diving apart from Cardle.

We have several that go down easily, every team does and anyone who thinks their side is full of moral crusaders is deluded.

There was 22 cheats out there as there is in every game above u12s. Quite why people get so upset about the guy who goes down easy but happily ignore shirt pulls, 'good fouls' , pushing, shoving grabbing, blocking off runners etc I have no idea.

Not exactly thrilling but not altogether a worse spectacle than Tuesday night. Happy enough with a point from it; beat Ayr next week - which I'm confident we will - then we won't be far away in terms of securing our status in this division for next season.

Murdoch had to make a couple of good saves but we really should have scored towards the end of the game. A draw was the right result and St Mirren didn't really cut us open too much.

McMullan correctly booked for the dive; I was annoyed he never kept the ball moving on to Talbot initially but you can't condone that. That was, mind, probably one of the few decisions Finnie actually called correctly. Every time I see that tube he wants the focus to be all on him, for him to be the centre of attention. He's an absolutely hopeless referee and didn't help the game in any way whatsoever.

Archived