St Mirren vs Pars

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, it looked like a dive from McMullan. He's a cracking wee player and he's done well so far with us so I hope he cuts that shite out.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not penalties. McMullan definitely dived and got a deserved yellow

What was it with all the Dunfermline dives?

Just as well Finnie was inconsistent and didn't give yellows for the others. 

Despite no outrageous tackles, Dunfermline were very lucky to finish with 11 men.  

Think Saints probably edged it, but complete lack of compulsive in front of goal.

Must have had four great chances, but the players side footed the ball straight at the keeper. 

And three times in the second half we decided to try to beat every defender in the box, and of course ended up getting closed down. 

Earlier in the season though, Dunfermline would have scored with that break away and we'd have lost the game.

Disappinting for sure, but it's not all over yet. 

Despite no outrageous tackles, Dunfermline were very lucky to finish with 11 men.  
Think Saints probably edged it, but complete lack of compulsive in front of goal.
Must have had four great chances, but the players side footed the ball straight at the keeper. 
And three times in the second half we decided to try to beat every defender in the box, and of course ended up getting closed down. 
Earlier in the season though, Dunfermline would have scored with that break away and we'd have lost the game.

Composure?

28 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

its getting very close to all over

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We were lucky to finish with ten? Fck off! Fannie had an absolute Shiter of a game

Yeah.

Higginbotham, already on a yellow, had several other fouls, multiple dissents, plus a blatant dive to try to win a foul in dangerous area. Immediately after which he was taken off.

Number 21 had been booked then took out Mallan, ref played advantage and didn't come back and yellow him for it. 

Mullan righty booked for his second dive, but not booked for his first. 

As I said, no ridiculous challenges but dives, dissent and a number of niggly fouls would most days have seen at least one of them go. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that much. If you'd gone down to 10 you'd probably have won!

2 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

its getting very close to all over

Yip.

However Aur are rubbish, and so are Raith, despite them beartng us on Wednesday. 

Them losing 4-0 to Dumbarton today shows that. 

We are miles better than we were earlier in the season, but we were so bad then we've left ourselves in a position where we need to not just play well, but actually win the bloody well games!

We ignoring the fact Higgy should never have been booked? McMullan was harshly booked(no pen but for me he knocks the ball past the defenders then as he runs between them he goes down as he brushed against the defenders who gave him no room to move) certainly no worse than several saints players.

Don't even know what you are referring to by first dive? When was that?

Finnie didn't book anyone for breaking up attacks even when it was blatant, can't expect him to send Herron off(whose first booking can only be justified if finnie did the standard and book both players, he however did his usual and found reason to let saints off but punish us whenever possible)

First penalty shout in the first half was hard to see from the far end but the BBC reported it as a "stonewall" penalty apparently and it was Stephen Thomson reporting for Sportsound so not sure if that adds credence or otherwise. 

Second penalty claim was a clear dive by McMullan and he was rightly booked. There was no need for it - the pass to Talbot or a deep cross was on - and we'd have missed anyway.

Higginbotham was a red card waiting to happen after the ref booked him so early. Paton's booking was a joke - his first challenge, barely a foul and nowhere near a yellow card offence. Talbot being penalised when he won the ball and played it off Smith was a shocking decision (at first I though the argument was going to be over whether it was a goal kick or a corner; I don't remember Smith even claiming a foul) but the worst of the lot was not booking Eckersley at least once, and probably twice.  

Firsy, when Heron got booked (we get the free kick, both players shove each other but the player fouled gets booked?) and then it was topped off when he then went right through Higginbotham in front of the dug outs and wasn't even spoken to! They were both clear as day bookings and he should have seen red. The fact that Paton's booking came not long after just made it the more ridiculous. 

He's probably the worst referee on the circuit at the moment but to book so many from Dunfermline and none from St Mirren in what wasn't a dirty game is to be expected really. 

Point decent against an improving saints side. Need to pick up three or four wins to make sure. Stephen Thomson said on the radio we should've had a pen.

Win next Saturday and we'll be 10 clear with 8 games left. Nearly there.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

We ignoring the fact Higgy should never have been booked? McMullan was harshly booked(no pen but for me he knocks the ball past the defenders then as he runs between them he goes down as he brushed against the defenders who gave him no room to move) certainly no worse than several saints players.

:lol: 'Brushed against the defenders' he wasn't even touched. It was blatantly obvious. 

And he'd dived earlier up around halfway on the touchline and claimed he'd been clipped by Mallan. He hadn't. 

:lol: 'Brushed against the defenders' he wasn't even touched. It was blatantly obvious. 
And he'd dived earlier up around halfway on the touchline and claimed he'd been clipped by Mallan. He hadn't. 

Then when he held his ground and was ran into and yet no foul?

There was clear contact, minimal yes but the vast majority of wingers are going to go down there, compared to the saints player who dived two yards in front of Geggan and went unpunished.

Don't know how anyone could claim that wasn't a justified booking for simulation tbh. I get that he wasn't given a free kick earlier when he was shielding the ball but although those fouls are almost always given, it did look like he went down far too easily so I could see why it wasn't given. No excuses for the first penalty shout or for not booking Eckersley though.

No complaint about McMullan's booking for diving, but I really don't think we got many decisions today. Higginbotham was losing it and I was glad to see him taken off, but teh booking he did get early in the game, and the one Paton got just afer coming on were both an absolue joke. Higginbotham was stopped on a break twice, quite blatantly, in front of the dug-outs in the second half - both were clear yellows, the second one being as obvious as you get. Finnie is a terrible referee all round though, constantly making himself the centre of attention and going out of his way to lecture players and point fingers in their faces, usually completely unnecessarily. An absolute arse of a referee all round.

That apart, I thought it was an OK game. Quite exciting for much of it, just with neither side having the ability to finish off their chances, and a far better game than I watched on Tuesday. Happy enough with a point from it, which I think we deserved after a good effort to tough it out after being under pressure for lenghty spells.

Archived