Livi v East Fife

We're 7 games undefeated in the league with 4 wins and 3 draws, and the last team to beat us in the league was....................yep you've guessed it, East Fife in a 2-1 away defeat. They're also the last team to have beaten us period, with the 1-0 cup defeat at home.

We've 10 games left to play and this is probably going to be our toughest, tbh i'd be happy with a draw, which would most likely see us 8 points clear of Alloa, can't see them dropping points against Stenny at home.

I'd make two changes to last night's starting line up,  i'd bring in Mullen along with Todorov and rest up Buchanan for him to come on for the last 20 mins or so, and swap Cadden for Longridge, reckon we'd be exposed at LB if Cadden is having to cover for Lithgow there..

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see myself happy with a draw in games like Alloa and Queens Park yeah I could say I was happy with a draw but if we keep saying that the gap will close convincing win here please.

Yeah but if this is our toughest game of the 10 left then a draw would be a good result. we'll widen the gap again after this game. Alloa will drop points and i'd fancy us to beat them when we play them at home too. Obv I want us to win but if we can keep our run going of not losing then we'll wrap up the league eventually.

Just now, King Kebab said:

If we beat you again do we get to keep you???

Nah you have to beat us in every game like we have done with Airdrie, you don't get us on your mantelpiece for losing 3-1 to us in the last league game at Livi.

That's twice you've mentioned Airdrie now, you know they're just going to come on this thread now don't you???

That's twice you've mentioned Airdrie now, you know they're just going to come on this thread now don't you???

Damn, you've sussed me out, i'm getting withdrawl symptoms of not having mad Airdrie bams on a Livi match thread.

There that's 3 times I've mentioned them now, they're like Beetlejuice they'll be along in a minute or two.

Sick of the sight of East Fife this season lol, 3 defeats from 4 it's certainly been frustrating to play against them. 

As ive said before what EF are doing is incredible and credit has to go to Smith, the players and the club, 3rd and surely now one of the favourites for a playoff spot the way the form in the league is. 

This will undoubtedly be another difficult afternoon, but I did say at the start of the week if we could take 7 points from the 3 games that would be an excellent return, win this one and we do just that. 

Not expecting a pretty game, EF battle for everything and we will need to match that, if we do then hopefully we get the right result this time around. 

I wouldn't be against starting with the same formation again but I'd be inclined to bring Josh Mullin in ahead of Cadden and I'd bring Danny Mullen in for Buchanan who has been a bit off lately, I'd also have Longridge at LB but we all know thats not going to happen and Lithgow will be playing there. 

IMG_1488989770.571028.jpg

The one of him getting Lithgow sent off is better, smug looking wee b*****d.:lol:

We've got the Tod though, big Jambo on loan v the wee Hibee on loan, only one way to decide who's best............................FIGHT!!!!!!

The one of him getting Lithgow sent off is better, smug looking wee b*****d.:lol:

You mean this one???

IMG_1488992275.619579.jpg

It never gets old!!![emoji23]

We've got the Tod though, big Jambo on loan v the wee Hibee on loan, only one way to decide who's best............................FIGHT!!!!!!

You do know that The Chinsill has previous for that, yeah???

He won that one as well!!![emoji6]

We may have beaten you in the cup last time but we got away with it in the last 20 minutes, you had your chances in the last twenty to take us to at least a replay. As I said before the cup game, Livi's league position prove their squad is the best on paper and on the park when compared with everyone else but for whatever reason we seem to have the better of the matchup, whether it's jamminess or not I'm not sure. 

Any word on the injuries for us? Luke Watt? Slattery? I know it's a long shot but if we make the playoffs is there any chance Kyle might be back? It's good to see we're almost back to a big enough squad for a full bench anyway, definitely needed for the run in. Glad we get the hardest game of the run in over with straight away.

Wasn't at the cup game but the last game at Bayview was very close and could have gone either way. It was a mistake from Kelly and an unusual goal from Robinson that got us the points. I expect another very tough game. Alloa seem to have our number this season and I'd expect this game and the Alloa one next week to be our toughest tests left this season. So I'm pretty happy to take them early and then see where we are for the run in. I'd take a point I think.

It's the kind of game you would settle for a point under normal circumstances. I'm a wee bit concerned about the surface as we might have to adapt our normal game. I would expect Chris Kane being pushed over to central defence and Ross Brown filling in on the right. Pat Slattery, if fit, would slot into the centre of midfield.

All the games so far between the sides have been fiercely contested this season. I've a feeling that Livingston might not see a draw as a bad result either, with their points advantage and the final furlong within sight. An East Fife win however, and Alloa Athletic might still fancy their chances of closing the gap...  

Archived