Livi v East Fife

9 minutes ago, LiviBoy2603 said:

The highlights

Aye aye. Decent vlog but the boy that gave the free kick away for the Fife goal got carded and headed away without complaint. Valid decision, good goal...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Few points,

Game stole, completely, by EF's anti-football approach

Only player who was bad for us was Crighton

Not sure what the EF fans were so annoyed at Todorov about, he was stronger every time and your players were diving around the place time wasting from the first minute.

It was a smash and grab, EF executed their gameplan brilliantly so fair play to them though!

The anti-football comment is nonsense. Livingston dominated and didn't allow us to play for most of the game. We won through determination and teamwork. You lost because you couldn't hit a coo's  erse wi' a banjo.

Just now, T-zero said:

We don't play like that against anybody else, we do it against Livingston and guess what it works! More an issue for you not learning after 3 defeats now 4 against us??

Thought we did to East Fife what they usually do to us and closed them down all over the pitch and forced the ball back. Still didn't work right enough as we just couldn't get a goal when we were dominating the game. Cracked the bar a few times and had balls cleared off the line, just wouldn't go in the fecking net.:wacko:

Started getting nervous when  East Fife were putting balls across our box and got a couple of corners, just knew they would get a goal and that would be us fecked. Seen it too many times before, can't stick away your chances and the other team nicks a goal. Still felt gutted coming away with nothing though, we put so much into that game and felt like our pockets had been dipped at the end.

Thank feck we don't have to play East Fife again (well hope not anyway, unless we feck right up and drop into the play offs).:blink::lol:

Just now, Another The Other Chairman said:

The anti-football comment is nonsense. Livingston dominated and didn't allow us to play for most of the game. We won through determination and teamwork. You lost because you couldn't hit a coo's  erse wi' a banjo.

Don't know about that, we had a few cleared off the line and your keeper made a couple of good saves, cracked the crossbar a few times too but you get nowt for hitting the woodwork. A lot of the times East Fife just made it too difficult to get a shot off though, they defended really well. We can't blame anyone for not winning the game, you're right in that respect, we just couldn't score and at 0-0 even with our dominance, East Fife were always still in with a shout and just needed one decent effort to win the game, which they got from their free kick.

Even more gutting was seeing that  Alloa had managed to score another goal and beat Stenny 2-1, would've softened the blow of losing our game if Alloa had only got a point from their game. Still think this was our hardest game and we've now got a run of games against teams we've managed to beat already this season. Just you get out and beat Alloa next week now too.:thumsup2

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

I never thought I would see Lithgow dropped. I am literally speechless.

Yeah me too, his family were sitting in the row in front of me too lol.

8 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Pleasantly surprised by the team, Lithgow out, jacko in, would've kept Cadden in instead of De Vita but like the look of the team today, will see how it goes. 

Can't blame Hopkin for this one, put out the team I would've wanted, and brought on Cadden and Buchanan in plenty of time too. Just wasn't to be though, the players all worked hard. Hopefully he keeps that team for the next game too, or maybe brings Buchanan back in and drops Todorov to the bench just to rotate the strikers, and maybe the same with Rafa and Millar, though i'd be happy to keep Rafa starting against Stranraer. 

Just now, flyfifer48 said:

Honestly I think you have. some good players but little team spirit or tactics. With the amount of money spent on your team it's basically not very good

Lol, how can it not be good when we're sitting top of the league and have gubbed Airdrie, Brechin and Alloa seeral times each? East Fife have bragging rights over us but behave yourself, we aren't sitting top cause we're not very good. Thought our team spirit was pretty good and nothing wrong with the tactics today either, this was actually the best we've played against East Fife, even the 3-1 win against you wasn't as dominant a performance as this, shit happens though and we didn't get the goal to open the floodgates on you.

Enjoy your win mate, you have been the best team we've played and deserve a play off place.

I feel as frustrated as Easy Fife probably feel elated by that today. It was an atypical smash and grab. While there was some good and at times desperate defending it was just one of those days when the ball would not go in - nobody's fault.

East Fife benefitted from an inexperienced referee and I have to comment on one aspect of  this. All teams time waste but today it was taken to a new level. I couldn't believe the ref allowed their goalie at one point to delay one of his goal kicks while he chatted away to his teammate who took forever to put on his boot. Hurst took forever at every goal kick because he knew he'd get away with it. It didn't make any difference to the score but it slowed down the momentum and was as frustrating as hell to watch.

Still can't believe we lost! 

No disrespect to East Fife they have done well against us this season and clearly have the beating of us (as do Queen's Park) but they won't make the championship they just aren't big enough.

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm sure his son was the mascot today, how awkward is that?

6 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

No disrespect to East Fife they have done well against us this season and clearly have the beating of us (as do Queen's Park) but they won't make the championship they just aren't big enough.

We're hardly a fucking behemoth ourselves. The half-decent away crowds in the Championship compared to this league will only mask how awful our home support is.

Also, strange weekend to drop Lithgow (should have been done a fair while ago) when his son was the mascot. Surely that could have been delayed for a game where his dad was playing? I can't imagine there is a massive waiting list of kids.

2 hours ago, Livithegreat said:

The Barry Smith brand of football is getting EF points but it's absolutely awful to watch. The pitch didn't help, but it's the same when you are at home. 

I'm hoping to be similarly "whooshed" as I was earlier in the thread but this is just utter nonsense. The "Barry Smith" brand of football is excellent, and to be quite honest it's been a welcome change for me since he took over. Naysmith built a good squad but the games I watched earlier on in the season it seemed as if punting it towards Insall was the only option. Under Smith we play excellent stuff, it's easy to suggest otherwise on Livi's utter tattiefield of a pitch.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't blame Hopkin for this one, put out the team I would've wanted, and brought on Cadden and Buchanan in plenty of time too. Just wasn't to be though, the players all worked hard. Hopefully he keeps that team for the next game too, or maybe brings Buchanan back in and drops Todorov to the bench just to rotate the strikers, and maybe the same with Rafa and Millar, though i'd be happy to keep Rafa starting against Stranraer. 

I think Buchanan has been poor as of late, I'd even drop him for Stranrear to be honest and leave Todorov and Mullen to go at it, even having Rafa instead of Danny up there might be an improvement.

Archived