The Replacement

Bold Rover

I read the producer's notes here and I don't think he particularly knows how it ended either.

What was Paula's deal, what was the objective of all her ploys? Why did she kill Kay? Why had Kay been trying to contact the Georgia woman? How did Ellen manage to survive an overdose? How did Paula get caught? What happened to her husband?

In conclusion, a totally unsatisfactory conclusion to what had promised to be quite a good show.

I read the producer's notes here and I don't think he particularly knows how it ended either.
What was Paula's deal, what was the objective of all her ploys? Why did she kill Kay? Why had Kay been trying to contact the Georgia woman? How did Ellen manage to survive an overdose? How did Paula get caught? What happened to her husband?
In conclusion, a totally unsatisfactory conclusion to what had promised to be quite a good show.

Exactly. The writer is full of smart arsed explanations now but why didn't he just include it in the script to avoid all the confusion?

I enjoyed this but the ending seemed a bit of a rushed mess. There was two things I could get my head round at all. When they were in the car and the mother was being forced into killing herself the mad one told her an IP address couldn't be traced, I was pretty sure they could. The girl who ran down the mad ones daughter committed a hit and run, when talking about it she said it went through as an accident but surely when looking this up online this would have popped up. She was rushing her own child to hospital and killed another it seems like the kind of story there would be more about. I could be wrong on both accounts but it just seemed odd. 

I watched 3/4 of the first episode and gave up despite Vicky McClure and Neve McIntosh being 'wids' of the highest order.  I also don't care about the outcome nor about the silly wee pregnant architect's skylight however much its unveiling shed light on the plot.

I thought it was dull, predictable and ponderous tosh.

Ending didn't make sense. Surely when the baby was abducted the police would have been looking for the mum, then when they find her with the baby they arrest someone else on god know what grounds. Very disappointed after a great start.

I'm assuming she confessed to where she'd hid the wean and led the police there.

But the mum, mid drug overdose, had beaten them to it.

Why would she have confessed?

Yeah I think it was all glasgow, recognised most places. Not sure where the library is though.

Unusual for something to be filmed in glasgow and it actually look nice.

Yeah I think it was all glasgow, recognised most places. Not sure where the library is though.

How else did the police know where to take her?

The fact that Glasgow looked so nice, i'm guessing it was filmed in the one day of sunshine, during the Commonwealth Games.

The fact that Glasgow looked so nice, i'm guessing it was filmed in the one day of sunshine, during the Commonwealth Games.

Watched all 3 episodes back to back last night, essentially as a feature length. The suspense in the first 2 episodes was great, even half way through the third not knowing who was really the mad one. But the ending was SO rushed it spoiled it all for me.

Watched all 3 episodes back to back last night, essentially as a feature length. The suspense in the first 2 episodes was great, even half way through the third not knowing who was really the mad one. But the ending was SO rushed it spoiled it all for me.

Pretty much this

Archived