Greenock Morton V Queens

I couldn't see what happened between Forbes and Rankin when Rankin was clearly caught in the "ahem" nether regions. See some on here saying it was a red card offence? Didn't get a clear angle on the goal either but it looked like we could have done a lot better on it. I take it Thomson was clearly offside when he netted for us? Certainly appeared no complaint.

Yes could have been a red card but....I think what confused things was Rankin basically pulled out of the challenge. Had he jumped the situation wouldn't have arisen but as it was he got studded for staying on the ground. Could well have been a red though. Thompson clearly offside . No issue there. Two Queens players offside when the ball went in initially I think. Clear foul on the Morton disallowed goal also.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Crowd wanking.

How utterly fucking embarrassing now get down middens.

Not nearly as embarrassing as the Morton fans singing Lee Robinson you let your club die :lol:

Rip Lee Robinson Fc.

34 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Not nearly as embarrassing as the Morton fans singing Lee Robinson you let your club die :lol:

Rip Lee Robinson Fc.

Any player wasting time in the first half deserves a hounding no mater how it comes about.

Erm, Lee Robinson quite clearly let Glasgow Rangers die, having been both a gormless fan and employee of the dead club and its tribute act in turn. 

No idea why that obvious fact had to be pointed out to you country bumpkins in order to understand what was going on tbh, but here we are. 

Probably best that you stick to egg-chasing instead IMO. 

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm, Lee Robinson quite clearly let Glasgow Rangers die, having been an employee of both the dead club and its tribute act in turn. 

No idea why that obvious fact had to be pointed out to you country bumpkins in order to understand what was going on tbh, but here we are. 

Oh I totally forgot he played for Rangers. Thanks for pointing that out. 

5 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

You were at home dafty! ! As were most of your so called fansemoji3.png

Yeah I'm aware we were playing at home yesterday but thanks for pointing it out.  Get doon! 

What has happened to Morton's attendances?! A few years ago you would expect thousands attending an in form Morton game in the championship. 1400 is poor isn't it? And of course we're exactly the same.

What an absolute diddy Lee Robinson is btw. Imagine getting booked for time wasting at 0-0 in the first half :lol::lol: 

Sadly I don't think our management have worked out that draws are invariably a backward step when you get 3 points for a win.

Apart from anything else it is an admittance that you don't actually think you are good enough to win the game.

Cringe....
No fans.
Shite ground.
Embarrassing. [emoji23]

I'll give you the no fans but your ground isn't a patch on Cappielow. No character, no atmosphere, no soul. Our fans may return at some stage in the future but you're lumbered with NSMP forever. Get it right up you and get doon while you're at it.

I can say quite firmly that from my vantage point my enjoyment of the game was not altered one bit by the number of people around me. 

Jimmy is trying to enjoy having lots of fans at the game but he just can't because his team are rock bottom with barely a win to speak of. It's pretty embarrassing tbh.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Put it this way. If you offered me the following two options at the start of the season:-

A) Dobbie back but you finish 5th/6th.

B. No Dobbie but you finish 4th.

I'd take option A every day of the week.

:lol:

This statement is absolutely fucking ridiculous and hasn't received the hounding it deserves. Wanting to finish lower in the league, outside the playoffs :lol: You're fooling no one.

One of our poorer performances, sure it must have been a horrible watch for the neutrals, but good enough to see it out. Starting with McDonagh was a strange choice and him having a shocker contributed to our first half struggles - we weren't retaining possession down the right at all, the midfield was disjointed and it was worryingly similar to the last game at Palmerston. Credit to Duffy for fixing it at half-time, we immediately improved and with Doyle and Lamie at full back we had a platform to build possession on both sides. For all that we laboured a bit, once we were 1-0 up we were never really threatened and should have scored more. Job done.

Lee Robinson :lol: Imagine being booked for time-wasting at 0-0 in the first half :lol:

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Erm, Lee Robinson quite clearly let Glasgow Rangers die, having been both a gormless fan and employee of the dead club and its tribute act in turn. 

Sorry about him. We all know he'll say anything to get a rise from the opposition, but some of the guff he spouts to do it is just embarrassing to most of the rest of us.

"Lee Robinson let Rangers die".  FFS, grow up.

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

One of our poorer performances, sure it must have been a horrible watch for the neutrals, but good enough to see it out. Starting with McDonagh was a strange choice and him having a shocker contributed to our first half struggles - we weren't retaining possession down the right at all, the midfield was disjointed and it was worryingly similar to the last game at Palmerston. Credit to Duffy for fixing it at half-time, we immediately improved and with Doyle and Lamie at full back we had a platform to build possession on both sides. For all that we laboured a bit, once we were 1-0 up we were never really threatened and should have scored more. Job done.

Lee Robinson :lol: Imagine being booked for time-wasting at 0-0 in the first half :lol:

Sums up the game pretty well for me. It was obvious that McDonagh wasn't having a good game, and Kilday was being pulled out of position to cover for him. It was still surprising that Duffy subbed him as early as half-time, but the change and whatever hairdryer treatment he gave the guys during the interval made all the difference and we could've won by more.

On Robinson - yeah keepers often waste time, whether it's tactical or to wind up the opposition fans, but to get booked in the last few seconds of the first-half stoppage time that he was largely responsible for? Deary me.......

Archived