Greenock Morton V Queens

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would stick to airbrushing out Morton's relegation history rather than tampering with other people's posts.
Greenock or Edinburgh? Still capital telly over sh!thole stand for me.

Says the fan of a team that has spent twenty years in the seaside leagues and hasn't appeared in the top flight for fifty years. The only person needing to airbrush history is yourself.

Good to see an eventual admission that you'll be supporting England in the egg-chasing though. Thanks for playing anyway.

1489175057214.jpg

Box office promotion deciders :lol:

I doubt anyone will pick up the Falkirk v Morton diddy fest but you might get lucky and get back on the box IF you overcome the first hurdle. 

Doubt that we'll need TV coverage to ensure that our box-office league clashes with Hibs and Dundee United next month will turnover a healthy amount for the club. So we can afford to dismiss some of your fans whining about Cappielow for the laughable excuse that it is.

Your season is already finished and you'll be watching egg-chasing anyway. That's the sum of it really. Nobody cares whether you show up or not but you're not pinning blame on the Theatre of Dreams for your decision.

3 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Box office promotion deciders :lol:

I doubt anyone will pick up the Falkirk v Morton diddy fest but you might get lucky and get back on the box IF you overcome the first hurdle. 

Falkirk vs Morton is on TV.

Awkward.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Falkirk vs Morton is on TV.

Awkward.

They have released the tv games for May already have they ? I highly doubt either play off leg between Morton and Falkirk will be televised. That is if you meet them as Dundee United starting to flap. 

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Doubt that we'll need TV coverage to ensure that our box-office league clashes with Hibs and Dundee United next month will turnover a healthy amount for the club. So we can afford to dismiss some of your fans whining about Cappielow for the laughable excuse that it is.

Your season is already finished and you'll be watching egg-chasing anyway. That's the sum of it really. Nobody cares whether you show up or not but you're not pinning blame on the Theatre of Dreams for your decision.

I don't have a problem with cappielow, nice old style ground and get a decent vantage point. Plenty other excuses for me not to attend, the  main one being I will be glued to England egg chasers singing Swing Low. I hope we don't beat the famous again as two defeats off the Tory voting bumpkins might just finish you off. 

I don't have a problem with cappielow, nice old style ground and get a decent vantage point. Plenty other excuses for me not to attend, the  main one being I will be glued to England egg chasers singing Swing Low. I hope we don't beat the famous again as two defeats off the Tory voting bumpkins might just finish you off. 

A valiant effort; but I think you'll find that the only thing to get "finished off" this season was your entire league and cup campaign already.

Thanks for playing anyway.

1489191641524.jpg.45caaaa507f104c0a64688fd4ef7b58f.jpg

Not buying this guff from the cousin-botherers about their team having nothing to play for. New(ish) manager will still be figuring out who's getting papped and who's getting a new contract and, generally, if a team like ourselves, Queens or Dunfermline are ditching a player they're not very likely to get another full time contract and there's no greater motivation for a Scottish journeyman footballer than an extra year's wage before they need to ask their brother-in-law to get them at admin job at the council.

1-0 Morton. Forbes will be involved.

Not buying this guff from the cousin-botherers about their team having nothing to play for. New(ish) manager will still be figuring out who's getting papped and who's getting a new contract and, generally, if a team like ourselves, Queens or Dunfermline are ditching a player they're not very likely to get another full time contract and there's no greater motivation for a Scottish journeyman footballer than an extra year's wage before they need to ask their brother-in-law to get them at admin job at the council.

1-0 Morton. Forbes will be involved.

That's pretty much what I've said. As a supporter there isn't much to get excited about now as our only achievement will be to avoid relegation. It's all about Naysmith seeing who he wants to keep which is why, as a fan I wouldn't mind him giving the young lads a game and experimenting with some different line-ups. I highly doubt that will be happening though. We'll likely start with the same starting 11 as the Falkirk game and continue with the awful route 1. That will infuriate me most as we have already seen this group of players is capable of beating Morton when they play actual football.

Far too much defeatism in this thread. The playoffs are unlikely for us granted but we are 7 pts behind Morton and would be 4 if we win today. They have two games in hand but we still have a quarter of the season to go. The only way Naysmith should be playing kids at this stage is if he thinks they are better than the older players. The time for experimenting if the playoffs have gone is the last 2 or 3 games at most.

It's not all over yet - todays 90 minutes will determine that.

We need to win today, beat St.Mirren next week and look to Falkirk to beat Morton then there's only 1 point in it.

Yes, they would have 2 games in hand but one of those is away to Hibs and the other a Renfrewshire derby at Cappielow.

To have given up already is ridiculous and I am sure the Manager and players will be right up for this one.

Let's remain optimistic - at least for the next 4.75 hours - and hope that dodgy defending will be eradicated and that we get the breaks today.

I no longer think we have any chance of reaching the play-offs at all.

I'm not convinced that much would be gained by experimenting with the line-up, but if the idea has any merit at all, it might as well start now.

Our season is done.

Don't see why anyone's writing Queens off just now. We might have 2 games in hand but they're both tricky matches where we can't expect a win, and we've got Falkirk away next week. Queens win this then it's very close.

Archived