Greenock Morton V Queens

16 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There was a Two Ronnies sketch back in the day, when one of them was saying "I always treat my cricket bat with linseed oil".  The other one overheard and said " Lindsay Doyle?  How is he?  I've not seen him in ages."   Cue lots of similar misunderstandings.  Mildly amusing -  moreso than the overly celebrated 'Fork handles' sketch.

As you were...

Hopefully 'Linseed oil' are fit for this one and we run up another cricket score. Although the 8 goal swing over the two games at Palmerston highlights the unpredictability of this fixture. Narrow home win I think.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SuperTon said:

Gary Oliver will be back for this, don't see him starting but great news that he's back.

Brilliant news.  He's been in the wars this season with the boot in the face at Greenhill Road followed by this injury. He (and the squad) must be due a bit of luck on the injury front. It's amazing that we've done so well after losing so many key players.

Tough game but we can keep it interesting at the top with a 2-1 win on the road.

Will be nice to play on a decent surface after Tuesdays paddy field.

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why would I do that?

It's your half-witted idea that he somehow should.

Go or dont go nobody gives a f**k. Either queens bring enough fans to warent the wde being open or its that stand deal with it.

38 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Go or dont go nobody gives a f**k. Either queens bring enough fans to warent the wde being open or its that stand deal with it.

You appear to care, what with the shouty sweary outburst.

11 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

^^^^ Big club. Cash rich, doesn't need away supporters.

I'm sure your Chairman will welcome the income that even 50 away fans would bring. It's extremely unlikely that we would ever bring enough supporters to warrant opening the entire end behind the goals, just as it's extremely unlikely that we would ever need to open the Terregles terracing when Morton visit Palmerston. My main gripe is not actually the Stand, although I'm  short-arsed and I still find it uncomfortable, my gripe is the inadequate catering and toilet facilities that are there to service the whole stand. As MT says, you appear to be the one concerned with the number of travelling fans rather than me, I'll get myself there, others are free to do as they wish. Enjoy the game.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We did for the Scottish Cup tie on the way to the 2008 final. :thumsup2

Yes I was thinking I may have phrased that wrongly. It would be very rarely we would bring enough supporters. How's that?

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

^^^^ Big club. Cash rich, doesn't need away supporters.

Yep, that about sums it up.

I'm sure your Chairman will welcome the income that even 50 away fans would bring. 

What with our run to a Sky-televised League Cup semi-final, Sky-televised game at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup and a selection of box-office promotion deciders at Cappielow still to come this season, rest assured that absolutely no-one at Cappielow cares about your 'bumpkin pound'. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

On 3/9/2017 at 12:40, virginton said:

FTFY.

I would stick to airbrushing out Morton's relegation history rather than tampering with other people's posts.

Greenock or Edinburgh? Still capital telly over sh!thole stand for me.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Yep, that about sums it up.

What with our run to a Sky-televised League Cup semi-final, Sky-televised game at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup and a selection of box-office promotion deciders at Cappielow still to come this season, rest assured that absolutely no-one at Cappielow cares about your 'bumpkin pound'. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

Gavin-Gunning-profile-large-e1473948670792_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

Box office promotion deciders :lol:

I doubt anyone will pick up the Falkirk v Morton diddy fest but you might get lucky and get back on the box IF you overcome the first hurdle. 

Archived