Ayr United vs Falkirk

I thought that we were under the pump for a long period after Ayr scored. However, when they tried to force it(as they had to) it led to the 2 late goals also Nathan through on goal, Miller hitting the post and a couple of dodgy off-sides. 

Incidentally, Austen's goals to minutes played ratio must be about the best in league. Is that 5 he has scored now?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't force someone to sign a contract If they don't want too. I'm sure John McGinn was in a similar predicament and we ended up paying compo for him. He will either move on and you'll get compo, he'll become a free agent but unable to sign for anyone without them paying compo or he will sign a new deal at Falkirk. Suggesting that he has to sign  a new deal is mental. He doesn't have to do anything.

Thanks for that man, you should apply for a job at UEFA with that depth of insight.

I spoke to the head steward today and he told me Falkirk's Ops guy told Ayr to expect 300 Falkirk supporters. Hence the stand enclosure pish. We should hunt that c**t Hogg

St Mirren are still struggling and have been mince for months and yet due to ayr and raiths awful form they may still get out of this through no success of their own.

We are a different team literally, since Jack Ross signed 10 players in January and got rid of a lot of dross.

We played you's just after and lost comfortably but since then have been playing much better.

As much as Ayr are giving us a great chance, we're only going to get out of this mess ourselves.

Ayr are comfortably the worst team in the league now, just depends if we have left it too late or not.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

Please tell me Falkirk fans don't actually think you boys have any chance of winning this league? :lol: 

Yeah, cos the Hibbies are renowned for their staying power at the end of the season, especially over the past few years!

What are they thinking!

We are a different team literally, since Jack Ross signed 10 players in January and got rid of a lot of dross.

We played you's just after and lost comfortably but since then have been playing much better.

As much as Ayr are giving us a great chance, we're only going to get out of this mess ourselves.

Ayr are comfortably the worst team in the league now, just depends if we have left it too late or not.

Considering we just beat Raith we are hardly comfortably the worst side in the league. I would however say we probably are edging Raith towards being the worst side.

A little rich, however, from a side who are four points behind us in what has been an utter abomination of a season for us so far.

I thought that we were under the pump for a long period after Ayr scored. However, when they tried to force it(as they had to) it led to the 2 late goals also Nathan through on goal, Miller hitting the post and a couple of dodgy off-sides. 
Incidentally, Austen's goals to minutes played ratio must be about the best in league. Is that 5 he has scored now?

I'd agree with this.

Ayr definitely came alive for a while immediately after your second goal. We didn't really threaten that much but during that spell we were the better team.

I wouldn't go as far as chick young seems to - and we certainly didn't deserve anything from the game - but I'm a touch surprised by some of the posts on here.

Falkirk were clearly the better team, and very good at times, but a really strong team would've wrapped us up long before they did.

I'd like to also echo the criticism of the decision to close the railway end at the start. That was just farcical.

It's pretty hard to find any positives for ayr. I presume Moore was injured? I thought he was one of the only bright sparks in a dire first half.

Considering we just beat Raith we are hardly comfortably the worst side in the league. I would however say we probably are edging Raith towards being the worst side.

A little rich, however, from a side who are four points behind us in what has been an utter abomination of a season for us so far.

Given the circus surrounding the Raith game and the fact we played you's off the park the other week I don't think it's unfair to say Ayr are the worst team in the league now.

Yeah my point was we don't have the same players we that put us in the crap position we are in.

Not trying to be a dick about it, probably coming across that way, but the signings we have made have made us a better team.

Given the circus surrounding the Raith game and the fact we played you's off the park the other week I don't think it's unfair to say Ayr are the worst team in the league now.

Yeah my point was we don't have the same players we that put us in the crap position we are in.

Not trying to be a dick about it, probably coming across that way, but the signings we have made have made us a better team.

I don't disagree to be honest. I would say we are currently comfortably worse than St Mirren however only slightly worse than Raith, however we won't be catching them. St Mirren will be fine in the play offs.

Archived