Cowdown Countdown

31 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Could stay up but won't, Locke's a diddy and the historic 3rd relegation in a row is happening, exciting times.

Hopefully Locke will silence his critics soon enough!

Locke for me has been quite impressive so far from how we were performing in March before he took over.

Hearts he started his managerial career under unique circumstances leading a team with a massive points deduction. Kilmarnock I don't know but Raith for me panicked about their championship status and set Locke quite an unrealistic objective.

Hope Locke does it most importantly for the sake of our great clubs future and for his own career as he is a hard working decent guy who deserves to show he has what it takes to manage at a higher level.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, PELE said:

We would be up near the top if Locke was in charge all season.

montrose could say the same to be fair if petrie was in charge all season. not stirling though, theyre not as good as some of their fans think.

15 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

So would we if Mackay had been there all season, whats your point?

Locke isn't a diddy then.

We would be up near the top if Locke was in charge all season.

If Locke was in charge, all season, statistically you would have finished in 7th. Going by his results and 13 points from his 10 games in charge.

If Locke was in charge, all season, statistically you would have finished in 7th. Going by his results and 13 points from his 10 games in charge.

Haha.

Still behind the Albion :lol:

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He should have worded it "If Fox wasn't in charge we would have been up challenging for the play offs". 16 points from 11 games - leaving us joint 4th.

Stats are fun eh.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think Cowdenbeath have obviously been better since Fox left but it's been well over played IMO. Top four, Elgin definitely and possibly even Stirling still better teams.

There is no 'think' about it. We have been better.

If anything it has been underplayed just how bad a job Fox was doing. Not only were we not getting results we were eye-bleedingly bad to watch, our recruitment was a shambles and he didn't have a clue what formation or players to play.

17 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

There is no 'think' about it. We have been better.

If anything it has been underplayed just how bad a job Fox was doing. Not only were we not getting results we were eye-bleedingly bad to watch, our recruitment was a shambles and he didn't have a clue what formation or players to play.

THIS. I genuinely didnt think we could have a worse team or manager than Nish. I was wrong. He resigned if im not correct if only he had done it 2-3 weeks before. We may have not had to put up with jake the bawsack on here. 

I think Cowdenbeath have obviously been better since Fox left but it's been well over played IMO. Top four, Elgin definitely and possibly even Stirling still better teams.

Arbroath have been the only team Cowden have played in recent weeks who have been significantly better than them. Form team at the time, Stirling, were thrashed 3-0 on their own patch and Cowden were just the better team v Elgin last weekend as they held them to a goalless draw.

If indeed all of the bluster and comments in here are true about how good cowden now are under Locke, the playoff is now surely a forgone conclusion. No way a team that 'would be on the promotion playoffs' would ever lose a two legged tie to East Kilbride.

Just now, surely not! said:

If indeed all of the bluster and comments in here are true about how good cowden now are under Locke, the playoff is now surely a forgone conclusion. No way a team that 'would be on the promotion playoffs' would ever lose a two legged tie to East Kilbride.

Correct. Should we even both playing the match or just award it to us now?

Arbroath have been the only team Cowden have played in recent weeks who have been significantly better than them. Form team at the time, Stirling, were thrashed 3-0 on their own patch and Cowden were just the better team v Elgin last weekend as they held them to a goalless draw.

You still only picked up 13 points from 10 games. 6 of those points were a complete gift from Clyde.

Archived