Aberdeen v Motherwell, 11/3/17

Rooney has definitely not looked his usual self recently, but as goalscorers thrive on confidence, the fact that he got a hat trick, no matter how they were scored, against this lot a couple of weeks ago will ensure that he starts. Jack for Considine might be the only change from last week's side.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would keep Rooney in, even low on confidence I would still back him to score tomorrow.

I think having Pawlett and Stockley as 'plan B' is generally working well but would stick to plan A to start with and use those two later on in the game.

11 hours ago, Swello said:

It is a blow that Tait is out as he is the best right back we've had for years. That said, he's taken an absolute roasting from Hayes this season - so the thought of a barely-fit Tait being "forced" through one more game before his op as the article alludes to, wouldn't be pretty.

Was it not against Aberdeen at FP a few years back that we had a full-blown defensive crisis and had to throw in Mark Reynolds and Jonathan Page (?) at centre half for their first starts? I'm sure we got a clean sheet that day.... /wishful thinking

Was it not Adam Cummins rather than Reynolds, some pairing.

Probably the most interest for Motherwell fans in this one is who the hell we put out tomorrow.

Will we go 3 or 4 at the back?  Is Kennedy fit? A chance for David Ferguson or Liam Watt? Jacob Blyth for centre back!?  We can't have Chalmers at left back or we might as well forfeit the game 0-3 right now.

Probably the most interest for Motherwell fans in this one is who the hell we put out tomorrow.
Will we go 3 or 4 at the back?  Is Kennedy fit? A chance for David Ferguson or Liam Watt? Jacob Blyth for centre back!?  We can't have Chalmers at left back or we might as well forfeit the game 0-3 right now.

Luke Watt's out on loan, in fact I think he might be injured anyway.

Archived