Pollok squad

Dipple burn

• 1 month later...

No drink allowed at Newlandsfield? The cowardly Pollok committee will do nothing to stop it being brought in. People carry bags full of booze in and nothing is done. I pointed out a couple of "yoofs" with a carry out a few weeks ago and was told it would be too dangerous to take it from them. Asked if they could be prevented from bringing it in, I was told they were too busy to check everyone coming in. A pathetic bunch 

15 minutes ago, maggotman said:

No drink allowed at Newlandsfield? The cowardly Pollok committee will do nothing to stop it being brought in. People carry bags full of booze in and nothing is done. I pointed out a couple of "yoofs" with a carry out a few weeks ago and was told it would be too dangerous to take it from them. Asked if they could be prevented from bringing it in, I was told they were too busy to check everyone coming in. A pathetic bunch 

Im not really sure what harm it does, most grounds I go to I see guys with drink inside the park and cant think of any trouble, some dodgy shouts yes but nothing physical. Also ive always noticed that those who do take drink in almost always clean up after themselves.

Im not really sure what harm it does, most grounds I go to I see guys with drink inside the park and cant think of any trouble, some dodgy shouts yes but nothing physical. Also ive always noticed that those who do take drink in almost always clean up after themselves.

Maybe we are having to react to incidents we have had before?
Agree see very little trouble, but unfortunately once it's been spoiled once then it affects everyone

It is a shame-the vast majority of fans know how to behave and can have a beer at the game without any incident.Unfortunately this has been spoilt by certain visiting fans in the past so Pollok have had to put in place pre-emptive measures now for specific fixtures  going forward.

As an aside and having stood close to them many times I have never ever seen the Pollok Pirates under the cover who Enjoy a good beer involved in any trouble with visiting fans..

It is a shame-the vast majority of fans know how to behave and can have a beer at the game without any incident.Unfortunately this has been spoilt by certain visiting fans in the past so Pollok have had to put in place pre-emptive measures now for specific fixtures  going forward.
As an aside and having stood close to them many times I have never ever seen the Pollok Pirates under the cover who Enjoy a good beer involved in any trouble with visiting fans..

Better no be getting searched Monday night [emoji4]

So its ok for pollok fans 2 drink inside the ground but not other fans

Archived