Top Gear

Jambomo

1 hour ago, eckthearab said:

There was a bit in The Sun about the show today. Apparently quite a few complaints about Chris Harris and how people think he's worse than Chris Evans and feeling he was given too much airtime. Granted I think he was quite excitable but give him a few weeks and he'll probably settle down. It's the usual story where some people just can't deal with change or something new emoji23.png

He was a bit annoying, but infinitely better than Evans.

I never felt as if I was getting too much of him, which is the problem with Evans. Evans is excellent on his breakfast show, but that is because it's small doses broken up quite quickly.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a bit in The Sun about the show today. Apparently quite a few complaints about Chris Harris and how people think he's worse than Chris Evans and feeling he was given too much airtime. Granted I think he was quite excitable but give him a few weeks and he'll probably settle down. It's the usual story where some people just can't deal with change or something new [emoji23]

I thought he was fine, He's certainly excellent on the car reviews.

It's no surprise that the likes of The Sun are moaning, Clarkson is part of their 'Cotswold Set' and they are well aware they can shape how a lot of people think about things like TV shows.

There was a bit in The Sun about the show today. Apparently quite a few complaints about Chris Harris and how people think he's worse than Chris Evans and feeling he was given too much airtime. Granted I think he was quite excitable but give him a few weeks and he'll probably settle down. It's the usual story where some people just can't deal with change or something new [emoji23]

It's a story in The Sun. It's probably completely made up.

Harris seems a bit excitable, but likeable nonetheless and as somebody already mentioned, don't feel like there was too much of him.

I thought he was fine, He's certainly excellent on the car reviews.

It's no surprise that the likes of The Sun are moaning, Clarkson is part of their 'Cotswold Set' and they are well aware they can shape how a lot of people think about things like TV shows.

Indeed. He's a big pal of rebekah brooks (a neighbour iirc) n used to have a column in the sun.

Indeed. He's a big pal of rebekah brooks (a neighbour iirc) n used to have a column in the sun.

Neighbour?

Or Chipping Norton wife swapping partner?

Tbh I'd ignore anything that the Murdoch press publishes about the BBC. It's impossible for them to be unbiased

Neighbour?

Or Chipping Norton wife swapping partner?

Tbh I'd ignore anything that the Murdoch press publishes about the BBC. It's impossible for them to be unbiased

Everything after the word publishes is redundant.

Just caught up with the first show, pretty good, though most of the humour came over a bit forced as it would do at the start of a series, especially in the studio. Hope the presenters gel more naturally as it goes on. Looks like they won't be as lazy resting on past glories as the Grand Tour trio were. Loads of big road trips hopefully.

Thought that was a great episode. Vegas to Sierra Nevada was excellent and the bantz felt a good bit more natural. Having the guest hang around for most of the studio time has been a good idea so far.

Gotta say i really like the Alfa, a downright sexy car, Hubba Hubba!!

So do I. The guy along the street has one, I am definitely not in any way jealous at all. Definitely not.

Thought that was a great episode. Vegas to Sierra Nevada was excellent and the bantz felt a good bit more natural. Having the guest hang around for most of the studio time has been a good idea so far.

Totally agree, I thought that was great.

The banter and studio stuff is definitely getting more relaxed, and the filming quality is back up there. Think the Beeb put their top producers on it, they went way better than the lazy Grand Tour imo. Some intern must have got the job of producing the last attempt. Slight concern that they might have been so nice about the Alpha Romeo because they smashed it.

Much more relaxed and an entertaining watch.

It's already better than TGT and if they can keep up this standard it can only get better as the team become more comfortable with each other.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The banter and studio stuff is definitely getting more relaxed, and the filming quality is back up there. Think the Beeb put their top producers on it, they went way better than the lazy Grand Tour imo. Some intern must have got the job of producing the last attempt. Slight concern that they might have been so nice about the Alpha Romeo because they smashed it.

The Gulia has been getting great reviews everywhere and this one just confirmed what others have been saying so I don't think its good because they broke the windscreen :)

8 hours ago, Jambomo said:

The Gulia has been getting great reviews everywhere and this one just confirmed what others have been saying so I don't think its good because they broke the windscreen :)

As the owner of a 159ti I've been patiently waiting years on its replacement. Loving the look of the Giulia. Thought I was gonna have to make do with a stupid Giulietta. 

Passed a Giulia today in Newcastle. It really is a thing of beauty. The guy driving it was showing off a bit though. as he slowed down just before entering a tunnel so he could put his foot down going through it to let everyone hear the roar of the engine.

Would agree with that with the exception of last night. Can't stand David Tennant.

Archived