Top Gear

Jambomo

Anyone still watch this? Have to say I’m really quite enjoying this second Clarkson, May & Hammond free series. Harris, Reid and MLB are pretty good to watch. True petrolheads and a bit less of the stupidity of Clarkson etc

I think it's been brilliant. Really enjoying it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone still watch this? Have to say I’m really quite enjoying this second Clarkson, May & Hammond free series. Harris, Reid and MLB are pretty good to watch. True petrolheads and a bit less of the stupidity of Clarkson etc
The chemistry between the three presenters seems to be working well.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Still watching both and enjoyed them. There's a place for both shows IMO. 

It's still a little disjointed and forced in bits, but strangely that almost actually adds to the charm a little bit considering who these guys are and where the show came from since the Evans shit-show. I still feel they're under-using Rory a little bit (does anyone even bother with Extra Gear?) but overall I'm quite enjoying it and will certainly continue to watch both this and TGT.

It's still a little disjointed and forced in bits, but strangely that almost actually adds to the charm a little bit considering who these guys are and where the show came from since the Evans shit-show. I still feel they're under-using Rory a little bit (does anyone even bother with Extra Gear?) but overall I'm quite enjoying it and will certainly continue to watch both this and TGT.

I would agree about Rory seeming a little under-used, as it’s apparent that Le Blanc & Harris have the better on screen chemistry, but I feel that’s where Extra Gear comes into play giving Rory the airtime and platform to be his full-on car geek self. However, personally, I can’t say I’ve found Extra Gear all that great or interesting to be honest.

I love it, really like how the presenters have developed but I like that the show isn’t really about them anymore, the last few series with Clarkson & Co had little real content beyond them fucking about. I like that it’s gone back to the cars.

I got bored with Grand Tour before the end of the last season and just can't seem to muster up the energy to click on the link to open Amazon Prime to watch this season. Top Gear, on the other hand, feels like it's been given a new lease of life and is a great hour of TV.

Watched new series of Grand Tour and switched it off. Same old jokes and same old format and it’s just boring as f**k now. And Hammond ain’t half looking rough.

As many other have said really enjoying Top Gear. Just seems a lot fresher than the grand tour.

On 24/03/2018 at 15:10, MSU said:

I got bored with Grand Tour before the end of the last season and just can't seem to muster up the energy to click on the link to open Amazon Prime to watch this season. Top Gear, on the other hand, feels like it's been given a new lease of life and is a great hour of TV.

I find the banter even more scripted and forced than Grand Tour. There's something of a beastly nerd about Chris Harris. Grand Tour got really lazy very quickly though.

Really enjoying the new series. It'll take a bit longer for it to be 'smooth' but I think it's back on form on the main. Sabine is nuts and is used really well now. Le Blanc just seems to love cars and is genuinely funny, the segment with the NASA plane was crazy and as for the tractor in the last episode...

On 27/03/2018 at 19:43, welshbairn said:

I find the banter even more scripted and forced than Grand Tour. There's something of a beastly nerd about Chris Harris. Grand Tour got really lazy very quickly though.

Caught up with the last couple of episodes and it's growing on me.

• 2 months later...

Archived