Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

A lot to unpack from that game. Excellent spectacle for a neutral I'd imagine, both sets of fans were loud and friendly, before and after the match.

Dream start. When people question why Rooney gets in the Dons team, show them that goal. Terrific finish from a guy who's been there for us time and time again. That's the quickest goal I've ever seen, and I was on the floor in the bounce.

We were pretty dominant up until just after the second goal. Hayes created a lot of space behind Gray, and we dictated the play. Terrific improvisation from Christie, who is looking like a better and better signing each week. Very clever player. The wall was a disgrace and they stitched up the goalkeeper. From the stands it looked a howler but on replay there wasn't much he could have done. I was very surprised to hear Lennon chucking him under the bus in the interviews. A far cry from Stubbs that's for sure!

The substitution was glorious. Exceptional work from the gif-makers. Even better was the impact from Holt. It's brave of a manager to make an early change but it really worked. Holt was considerably better than Cummings who ran around like a headless chicken but offered little else. I'm still to be convinced on his ability. Reminds me of Martyn Waghorn. Holt offered much more by way of hold up play and bringing the midfield into the game.

Momentum is such a weird thing in football, but it was there in full force. Nobody could get the Dons fans going (although we were trying!!) and the players seemed to accept the inevitability of an equaliser at the start of the second half. Lovely goal, Taylor could be a little tighter but it's a well executed one-two and a strong low finish under Lewis.

McInnes again guilty of over-tinkering. Three at the back, McLean up top, Rooney out wide, Shinnie high up the park. Don't really know what was going on. Bringing McGinn on gave us more of a shape and more natural width.

The players deserve immense credit for the way we ended that game though. The last 15 minutes we took the ball in, passed it around the back. It allowed the team to calm down, and regain control of the match. A lot of luck about the goal but we deserved it IMO. Hibs were spent after the comeback and we still had more to come.

That said, if the keeper had scored the equaliser at the end, it would be scenes-on-scenes-on-scenes. Fair play to him, it was a great header.

MOTM was Bartley for me. One man wrecking crew in the middle of the park. McLean and Shinnie were our best players. McLean's touch and passing is stunning. Shinnie provided the energy and his battle with McGinn in the middle of the park showed why they should both play a part for Scotland in the near future. Great to see two talented players battling hard in a big occasion and a brilliant match.

Can't wait for my first Scottish Cup final in May!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the "second best midfield" in Scotland of Mcgoech, Mcginn and Fyvie yesterday? 

Shinnie, Maclean and Jack were totally dominant to the extent the ginger melt had to take FF off and change formation?

As predicted yesterday also helped confirm my view that Strachan is an imbecile for picking J Mcginn ahead of Maclean.

Hibs only started getting back into the game when they bypassed midfield altogether lumping balls up to Holt. Dons defo need to improve at Centre Half for next year.

Not McGregor or "Player of the month" Ambrose tho please. 

10 minutes ago, jonty said:

What happened to the "second best midfield" in Scotland of Mcgoech, Mcginn and Fyvie yesterday? 

Shinnie, Maclean and Jack were totally dominant to the extent the ginger melt had to take FF off and change formation?

As predicted yesterday also helped confirm my view that Strachan is an imbecile for picking J Mcginn ahead of Maclean.

Hibs only started getting back into the game when they bypassed midfield altogether lumping balls up to Holt. Dons defo need to improve at Centre Half for next year.

Not McGregor or "Player of the month" Ambrose tho please. 

McGeough and McLean are the two best non Celtic Midfielders.  Plus Henderson when he comes back next year.  McGinn had a shocker but in no way did we bypass the midfield.  Once Holt scored we outplayed Aberdeen all over the pitch but you boys prevailed and good luck in the final. 

19 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

McGeough and McLean are the two best non Celtic Midfielders.  Plus Henderson when he comes back next year.  McGinn had a shocker but in no way did we bypass the midfield.  Once Holt scored we outplayed Aberdeen all over the pitch but you boys prevailed and good luck in the final. 

Nah, for half an hour we totally dominated. For 60 mins the game was even.The Better team won. 

Shinnie got MOTM. Mcgeoch wouldn't get near our team. Bartley played well defensively, but again nowhere near Jacks standard, especially with the ball at his feet.

17 wins in our last 20 games, most in the top flight, tells you all you need to know about the difference in quality between the teams. (Hibs have 5 wins in last 14, mostly championship games).

21 minutes ago, jonty said:

Nah, for half an hour we totally dominated. For 60 mins the game was even.The Better team won. 

Shinnie got MOTM. Mcgeoch wouldn't get near our team. Bartley played well defensively, but again nowhere near Jacks standard, especially with the ball at his feet.

17 wins in our last 20 games, most in the top flight, tells you all you need to know about the difference in quality between the teams. (Hibs have 5 wins in last 14, mostly championship games).

That bait is absolutely woeful. 

Trying and and failing miserably.

44 minutes ago, jonty said:

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

:lol: 

Reasons Aberdeen are better than Hibs:

1. They have more points in a higher league.

2. They got further in the League Cup.

3. They got further in the Scottish Cup.

4. They got further in Europe.

5. They beat them.

Reasons Hibs are better than Aberdeen:

1. They had 6,000 more fans at a semi final in Glasgow that kicked off at 12.15.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, jonty said:

Reasons Aberdeen are better than Hibs:

1. They have more points in a higher league.

2. They got further in the League Cup.

3. They got further in the Scottish Cup.

4. They got further in Europe.

5. They beat them.

Reasons Hibs are better than Aberdeen:

1. They had 6,000 more fans at a semi final in Glasgow that kicked off at 12.15.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like your style :lol: 

Archived