Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Being honest, I thought the Aberdeen fans were shite. Even at 2-0 up, they were very silent with an odd 'Stand Free' or 'Come on you Dons' every so often. Don't try and pretend like they backed their side, because they didn't for large parts of the game.

Cannae comment on that as wasn't there but they always back their teams in numbers as do you.

5 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Being honest, I thought the Aberdeen fans were shite. Even at 2-0 up, they were very silent with an odd 'Stand Free' or 'Come on you Dons' every so often. Don't try and pretend like they backed their side, because they didn't for large parts of the game.

It's probably down to the fact that it was only a semi final against Hibs. We only go large in finals against big clubs. :)

Like Inverness...

9 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

download.jpg

Cannae comment on that as wasn't there but they always back their teams in numbers as do you.

I can't disagree, one of the sides (due to their quite big central belt following) that are a good support when they come to Easter Road but they were poor today.

Not that I want this to descend into a 'we sang better than them' but they were very quiet for large parts of the game.

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

What did Dons fans do after the final whistle? I never noticed anything untoward.

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

It was just a group of boys walking near me, generally being poor winners. I'm all for banter, but sticking it in to fans of a team that played that well...embarassing. Had it been ****, fair game.

"A group of boys saying a few words", and you've went on about it for three or four posts. Who gives a f**k?

2 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Dons supporting pal of mine who was at the game said all the Hibs fans he spoke to outside Hampden after the game were in good spirits and were congratulatory towards Aberdeen fans. Obviously there's bound to be the ones taking the loss badly, but since winning it last year the weight of the world has been taken off our shoulders so the loss isn't as bad as it could've been 

That's what the majority were like. Loads of Hibs fans walking past us, we were saying "unlucky" and they all responded with "good luck in the final".

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great post Bambino7.

Today both teams were a credit to Scottish football. Semi final. 5 goals shared.Hibs goalie nearly scoring in last minute. 2 teams out with old firm nearly filling Hampden. Great advert for our game.

Well done to both teams and both sets of fans.

Would have made a great final, shame one of the bigot brothers will have to be there.

Hopefully Aberdeen actually turn up this time and ensure another non-old firm Cup win.

25 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I thought the Dons support was okay.

We were out singing Hibs for the first half an hour. Once Hibs scored they found their voices. At the end both fans were singing. Was a great atmosphere all round.

42 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Our support was superior because we have the best support in the country.  Aberdeen done themself credit though.  Please pitch invade if you win the cup sheepies.  

Hampden loses the atmosphere. Trust me first half there was plenty of noise in our end. Second half we felt the game was turning into one we have seen so often and fans were so nervous and tense.

Can't say I've ever heard us sing come on you dons.

Hampden loses the atmosphere. Trust me first half there was plenty of noise in our end. Second half we felt the game was turning into one we have seen so often and fans were so nervous and tense.

Genuinely didn't sound like that and I'm not just saying that! I don't think that having the support split the way it was helps with the majority in the north/west then the rest way over in the south.

9 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

It's no problem.  Your fans where incredible mate.  I've never felt such passion for many a match. 

2 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Genuinely didn't sound like that and I'm not just saying that! I don't think that having the support split the way it was helps with the majority in the north/west then the rest way over in the south.

I can't believe what your saying to be honest mate.  Craig, the Dons support reminded me of the fantastic support of Livi in the League cup final about 2003? You really have to hand it to then large contingent that came down from Aberdeen. 

14 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

If the singing is coming from the corner behind the goals, it diesnt travel well to the other side of the stadium.

Not that I care if the Hibs fans heard us. The players did and that's what matters.

27 minutes ago, Dunty said:

If the singing is coming from the corner behind the goals, it diesnt travel well to the other side of the stadium.

Not that I care if the Hibs fans heard us. The players did and that's what matters.

Your players certainly rose to the few of you singing to be honest.  Great support and good luck in the final :) 

Archived