Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

Dons supporting pal of mine who was at the game said all the Hibs fans he spoke to outside Hampden after the game were in good spirits and were congratulatory towards Aberdeen fans. Obviously there's bound to be the ones taking the loss badly, but since winning it last year the weight of the world has been taken off our shoulders so the loss isn't as bad as it could've been 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, throbber said:

You'll get that every game though and its not as if there aren't bad winners in the Hibs support. There was a big fight going on in section F quite near the back among Hibs fans, a good chunk of them got thrown out i think. 

I know, and I'm all for groups of lads slaggin groups of lads. Banter is one of my main joys in life. But being right in the face of an old couple, or a couple with their wee lad just strikes me as poor sportsmnship, and something I'd expect from the bigots.

1 minute ago, Dave1875 said:

Dons supporting pal of mine who was at the game said all the Hibs fans he spoke to outside Hampden after the game were in good spirits and were congratulatory towards Aberdeen fans. Obviously there's bound to be the ones taking the loss badly, but since winning it last year the weight of the world has been taken off our shoulders so the loss isn't as bad as it could've been 

I was on about Dons fans. Haven't a bad word to say about the Hibbies today personally.

Just now, jmothecat said:

I found watching the police a bit amusing today. They all went round the ground any time there was a goal, and stood and stared at supporters. Wasn't really sure what they were expecting to happen.

Surprised they didn't break out the metal barriers and tape. Put the fear into us it did last saturday

Just now, Illgresi said:

I know, and I'm all for groups of lads slaggin groups of lads. Banter is one of my main joys in life. But being right in the face of an old couple, or a couple with their wee lad just strikes me as poor sportsmnship, and something I'd expect from the bigots.

Aye its not on that, you can't keep morons away though.

Shame Aberdeen didn't bring a bigger crowd and having two sections of support divided didn't really help the atmosphere. There was a real feeling of optimism and enjoyment from the Hibs end after the horrendous early spell and the support were clearly sentimental about last May and just happy to be there again, was great cheering them at the end and not being overly disappointed as the monkey is clearly off the proverbial back! 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Aye its not on that, you can't keep morons away though.

Shame Aberdeen didn't bring a bigger crowd and having two sections of support divided didn't really help the atmosphere. There was a real feeling of optimism and enjoyment from the Hibs end after the horrendous early spell and the support were clearly sentimental about last May and just happy to be there again, was great cheering them at the end and not being overly disappointed as the monkey is clearly off the proverbial back! 

Don't get me wrong, there was no threat of violence, just drunk lads being bellends. I just hold Dons fans to higher standards than that.

I was impressed with the way you got behind your team. We'll never get large crowds at Hampden for a semi final at that time of kick off. Partly logistics, partly arrogance. We'd easily have filled that at a final.

38 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

McLean was immense today.

Jack is not a captain. Evident today when we went into panic mode again. Shinnie rallies the troops and is very vocal. Thought Jack was poor and to blame for their second for not tracking back. (As well as DM for suddenly going to a back 3)

McGinn gave us more attacking threat. There was so much space between Rooney and the midfield. We were getting nowhere.

Why do we continue to play so deep ? It's so frustrating at times.

This team can play some good football but we still aren't mentally there. Haven't got a clue what goes on in their heads. Not the first squad like that either.

I disagree with your assessment of McLean's performance. He glided about nicely for the first 25 minutes or so, but, for all his endeavour afterwards, he was largely ineffective and his end product was sorely lacking. I don't think he played horrendously, just nowhere near as well as he has done in recent months. 

Jack played pretty well, I thought; not outstanding by any stretch, but a solid 7/10 performance. His distribution was good and he broadly did the 'simple' things pretty well. When we did enter 'panic mode', I thought Jack was one of our players who kept his cool. My first instinct was that Taylor should be assigned more blame for equaliser than anybody else because he failed to either notice or track McGeouch's run into the box. I plan on watching the full match back tomorrow and will look at Jack's role in the build-up more critically. 

That first goal was a complete and utter shambles. Conceding a goal inside 12 seconds when we had the kick off. McGinn yet again trying to dribble through men as if they aren't there, McGregor giving Ambrose a hospital ball. Shaky as f**k after that with Fyvie giving away a stupid foul and then the complete shambles of a wall. Haven't seen it back but I dont think you can blame the goalie too much. If his wall done its job then his front post would've been covered.

fyvie's attitude when subbed. Walking off not giving a f**k, whilst he's contributed to us being 2 down with a daft foul and he's constantly given the ball away the whole first 30 mins. A complete embarrassment. Get him to f**k. Ive defending holt all season and today he showed what he's capable of. Changed the game and finally finished off a cross into the box. Great balls and great header. Thought we were in control from then onwards but still felt Aberdeen were dangerous on the attack. Great equaliser with the one two and finish. Then the third goal. How the f**k the f**k the linesman didn't spot the blatant handball just before it is beyond me. Unlucky with the deflection. If Marciano had scored that header at the end I'd have been on that pitch quicker than you can say Davie Gray baldy heed Glasgow Rangers fucking deed.

the hibs fans were outstanding today. Thought overall the players deserved their applause at the end. They've given all they can to defend the cup, gave all they could to win it last year and have given it there all to get us back up. The atmosphere after the equaliser was unreal. It's been one of the best years Ive ever had supporting hibs. From David gray at hampden to David gray in Denmark, winning the league and putting hearts out yet again and reaching hampden again. 

Aberdeen got a bit of luck today. But you need luck to win the cup. Hope they go on and do it next month. Well done on your win and good luck next month. Especially if you get those disgusting vile *** scumbags. See you next season x

It definitely wasn't hand ball mate, happened right in front of me

Gutted more than I thought I would be after that defeat. Probably because we hauled ourselves back into it after that horrendous start. Lennon has to to take a fair share of the blame for his tactics and I think we had to go 2 down for him to make the rightful change. Honestly didn't see Aberdeen scoring again after we got our first but what a cruel stroke of luck for the winner. fans were immense, 2 years ago the moaners would have booed and left but we stayed and got behind the team which was great to see. Just hope Aberdeen don't let us down and crumble in the final whoever they play.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Don't get me wrong, there was no threat of violence, just drunk lads being bellends. I just hold Dons fans to higher standards than that.

I was impressed with the way you got behind your team. We'll never get large crowds at Hampden for a semi final at that time of kick off. Partly logistics, partly arrogance. We'd easily have filled that at a final.

The enthusiasm and the change of mood that has occurred because of the win last year is amazing at games as is clear from the attendances since, the adrenal rush lasted all this season in the Championship and will continue next year back in the top flight so its great to see. Will be great if Aberdeen win it and you get an open top bus tour for all to enjoy and it will make the fixtures between Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs far more enjoyable for everyone if it can happen.

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. The most important one today was John Beaton's however.

Opinion or backside?

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. The most important one today was John Beaton's however.

John Beaton is a fat wee game Ruining c**t. I don't know if it's just coincidence that he has a shocker every time he's in charge of a hibs game or he's a genuinely hopeless ref.

John Beaton is a fat wee game Ruining c**t. I don't know if it's just coincidence that he has a shocker every time he's in charge of a hibs game or he's a genuinely hopeless ref.

Didn't think he had a bad match? Wasn't much controversy and seemed to get most decisions right.

Archived