Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game. Obviously we started really well but Hibs were always going to come into it. Hibs first was terrible down our left, and Holt pretty much unmarked in the middle. Pleased we should some bottle at 2-2 and then applied some pressure. Got the break with the winner. 

Thought our end was pretty good noise wise, Hibs end weren't that loud til 2-2 but could see a group going t it just couldn't hear them. Hampden fairly poor for atmosphere though the way it is.

also credit to the Hibs fans at the full time whistle.

only another 113 years to go now ;) 

That first goal was a complete and utter shambles. Conceding a goal inside 12 seconds when we had the kick off. McGinn yet again trying to dribble through men as if they aren't there, McGregor giving Ambrose a hospital ball. Shaky as f**k after that with Fyvie giving away a stupid foul and then the complete shambles of a wall. Haven't seen it back but I dont think you can blame the goalie too much. If his wall done its job then his front post would've been covered.

fyvie's attitude when subbed. Walking off not giving a f**k, whilst he's contributed to us being 2 down with a daft foul and he's constantly given the ball away the whole first 30 mins. A complete embarrassment. Get him to f**k. Ive defending holt all season and today he showed what he's capable of. Changed the game and finally finished off a cross into the box. Great balls and great header. Thought we were in control from then onwards but still felt Aberdeen were dangerous on the attack. Great equaliser with the one two and finish. Then the third goal. How the f**k the f**k the linesman didn't spot the blatant handball just before it is beyond me. Unlucky with the deflection. If Marciano had scored that header at the end I'd have been on that pitch quicker than you can say Davie Gray baldy heed Glasgow Rangers fucking deed.

the hibs fans were outstanding today. Thought overall the players deserved their applause at the end. They've given all they can to defend the cup, gave all they could to win it last year and have given it there all to get us back up. The atmosphere after the equaliser was unreal. It's been one of the best years Ive ever had supporting hibs. From David gray at hampden to David gray in Denmark, winning the league and putting hearts out yet again and reaching hampden again. 

Aberdeen got a bit of luck today. But you need luck to win the cup. Hope they go on and do it next month. Well done on your win and good luck next month. Especially if you get those disgusting vile *** scumbags. See you next season x

Some hurried thoughts and feelings: 

• Shinnie was our MOTM - his pressing and work-rate, especially higher up the pitch in the first half, was imperative to how we started the game. Jack also played pretty well, he didn't waste many passes and did the simple things to a high standard throughout. McLean, although he constantly opened himself up to receiving the ball and looked to make something happen, did not have one of his better afternoons - he just lacked that bit of composure. 
  • Hibs made the first half hour too easy for us, which ultimately they could not quite recover from. Thankfully we scored twice in the first 30 minutes, because it is a safe bet that we would not have won that game if we did not convert that initial period of dominance into goals. 
  • The entire nature of the game changed when Holt replaced Fyvie, and you would have to conclude from this that Lennon got his initial selection wrong. Our defence did not really adjust to Holt's presence, and Taylor looked all at sea on more than one occasion - most notably at McGeouch's goal. Considine also seemed to struggle with Boyle's pace, and he had an uncharacteristically sloppy afternoon. 
  • I was quietly lamenting Hayes for the first 85 minutes of the game. He struggled to make much of an impact and his crossing - along with just about all of his teammates, it should be said - was poor. I'm willing to overlook this for the winning goal, despite it being the jammiest we have scored all season. 
  • When Hibs did decide to compete, I thought they were the marginally better team - Holt, Bartley and McGregor (discounting his mistake in the first 10 seconds) all played pretty well. On that evidence, they are in a decent position to come up to the Premiership and compete in and amongst the top six. The top flight will be better for having Hibs back in it. They had an impressive support down, too. 
  • Good scenes at both the opener and the winner. Rooney and Christie deserve credit for their finishes in the first half, despite McGregor's slack pass at the first and Marciano's questionable positioning at the second. All of our goals had a slice of fortune attached to them, but I'm not really caring about that at the moment. I thought Christie's free kick had gone wide for a good couple of seconds.
  • Although part of me would eventually have found it funny, I don't think I could have coped if Marciano's header in stoppage time had somehow found the net. It is actually a very decent save from Lewis, looking at the replay. 
  • Delighted to be in a Scottish Cup Final for the first time in 17 years. I was still a bit too young to appreciate the one in 2000 - probably a good thing, considering the outcome - so I'm just looking forward to experiencing it with Aberdeen in May. Rangers is the preferable tie on paper, but we will have to play better than we did today either way - much better if Celtic are our opponents. 

Speaking of crossing I thought our crossing was off all day, but I also thought it was off in the league cup final. Something about Hampden?

Other than Christie's goal, all our set pieces and crosses from open play were terrible.

Rooney hasn't been given enough credit for his goal. Both superb and clinical.

We made it hard for ourselves as we so often do and Hibs gave it a right good go.

Scenes at the winner.

Would prefer The Rangers in the final but it doesn't really matter.

Thought Hayes had poor game and McLean looked leggy with 15 to go but as team we got there in the end roll on the final 

let's hope we get 2nd in the league sorted as soon as so we can give a few players a rest before the final 

5 hours ago, smpar said:

At least it happened to McGregor, the horrible little c**t.

Could be worse. He could be an inbred Fife c**t.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I want you to lose so 4th in the league gets Europe. No ill feelings towards you aids ridden junkie fucks.

Hopefully crash your tractor into a tree. And don't make it out. 

image.png

4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This. Calderwood was absolutely dire. Almost incoherent on the few occasions he did speak.

Looked like he had been out on a bender with the Cardigan and the Gardener after their court appearance yesterday. A cardboard cut out would have offered better analysis than Calderwood!

Celebration for the first goal I thought was louder than the last due to it just being so unexpected.

It was like watching in slow motion then realising it actually went in.
Thank fk
Seriously didn't fancy another 30 minutes

Serious question. What did the Hibs fan think of the Ref. I thought we were getting nothing. He was abysmal. A couple of really bad challenges on McLean and Shinnie should have been bookings. He gave Hibs a FK for Rooney ducking, then 5 mins later a free kick again for Rooney doing the opposite. Noticed Lennon moaning at the ref as usual but couldn't figure out why.

It's weird how 'bias' actually works because I thought Beaton was fucking hopeless for us. Niggly free kicks given for you that weren't given for us.

But no complaints, the referee didn't cost us the game. Ultimately it was a combination of shite Lennon tactics, individual mistakes and a horrific deflection that ended with Aberdeen the winners on the day and I wish them nothing but the best going on to the final, only because I now know what that feeling is like winning that b*****d cup :lol:

It was like watching in slow motion then realising it actually went in.
Thank fk
Seriously didn't fancy another 30 minutes

I was like that for the second goal. I only realised he had scored because I saw Christie running off celebrating.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What?

I'm actually not sure what game you are trying to play with that comment actually. Look out for the dead fox near the Beechwood bar if you go to the game tomorrow. 

Archived