Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

That's a great price for us tbh, I knew Aberdeen would be favourites but not by that much. 

Defo more value in Hibs at that price.

A ton on Aberdeen will pay for my day out tho :)

A lot of this game could depend on which version of Jason Cummings shows up.

Having watched fridays match its clear he's capable of significantly changing a game in either direction. Indeed last seasons match was opened up by a moment of quality from him (although a hibs goal was coming).

As I said near start of thread think this has the makings of a brilliant cup tie.

On 3/11/2017 at 20:21, jmothecat said:

I wonder why. Not that it makes any difference to me, but both Hibs and Aberdeen offer student discounts for tickets at their home grounds so why wouldn't they for a cup match?

They never had student prices in any of the semi-final/finals at hampden - did have for Ibrox against St Johnstone. The North stand and south stand this time have concessions as previous games it was adult tickets only. 

Yesterday's game only goes to show that Celtic aren't the world beaters they have been made out to be. Aberdeen will be a tough side but we are capable on our day, it would help greatly if we had the league sewn up by then as well. 

Aye, Celtic will skoosh it if they make the final, going for the treble.  Reminds of Martin ONeils first year.  Would be shite handing out cup over to a a club who's fans will hardly care less about winning it also. 

On 3/13/2017 at 18:07, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Hibs or Aberdeen really need the **** to pull a result out the bag against Celtic in the other semi. Can't see them fucking up the final.

If the Dons win the semi, I think they will have a slightly better chance in the final than the **** in the semi. Celtic are likely to win the league in the next 2 weeks and so between the end of March and the end of May they will have played 1 meaningful competitive game. To keep any set of players focused, hungry and performance levels high under those conditions is a hard task IMO.

For us, if we win the league our last game is 3 weeks before the final. 3 weeks without a competitive game is by far the worst preparation leading up to the final than any of the other 3 teams. The odds are stacked against us for this one unfortunately. 

But f**k it, here we gooooo two in a row.

if we win the semi as long as we don't go to fucking la manga again we have a chance in the final. Think Stubbs took the squad there 3 times and all 3 times it didn't work :lol: first one was before the **** play off games and we looked sluggish as f**k in the first leg, then he done it again pre-season last season and we started the season slowly which probably cost us, then he done it before the league cup final and we lost that. Thank f**k he didn't take them before the Scottish cup final 

Our tickets go on sale next Friday from 10. Only online and over the phone. Both clubs been given 21k and it's only 2 per season ticket next friday so there shouldn't be a mad rush. I will however, be online at 9:55 trying to get decent seats in the North stand. I welcome the chase.

This game will not sell out and be a poor attendance. Why? Because of this precious nonsense about loyalty points.

Personally i won't be attending due to this reason as clearly teams like Aberdeen and Hibs can pick and choose their supporters these days despite people like myself previously being a season ticket holder for 10 years. Peoples priorities change.

"That will stop them glory hunters"

Archived