Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

I was a student for so long I got a bit of a shock when I realised how much tickets are for normal people. With student loan, bursary, part-time job jumping at any overtime available, living in cheap student flats and not having a wife and child meant I had more disposable income than I've got now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I was a student for so long I got a bit of a shock when I realised how much tickets are for normal people. With student loan, bursary, part-time job jumping at any overtime available, living in cheap student flats and not having a wife and child meant I had more disposable income than I've got now.

PETRIE.gif

4 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Might do a phd just for the student perks like. 

20% off in Topman, tenner in the Merkie at Pittodrie, and a free sasij roll in Greggs. If you take out the fact that I can't afford to heat my tenement flat, it really is the life. 

I worked for the uni I went to for a while after I graduated. They gave me a staff ID card with no expiry date which doesn't specifically mention that it's for staff anywhere on it. Needless to say, I'll be claiming "student" discounts for the next 20 years at least.

Looking forward to getting into Hampden for a tenner.

I worked for the uni I went to for a while after I graduated. They gave me a staff ID card with no expiry date which doesn't specifically mention that it's for staff anywhere on it. Needless to say, I'll be claiming "student" discounts for the next 20 years at least.
Looking forward to getting into Hampden for a tenner.

That's the dream ticket. My old Edinburgh one has the date stuck down in the bottom corner, where a thumb can cover it up. Used it the year I between my courses.
Have to say that I've not once been asked for student ID going into a game, so it's probably worth the gamble for anyone under the age of 30 who could look "studenty" at first glance. I think it's the combination of flashing lights at Pittodrie, when you go through the electric gates? But there's no one ever monitoring it.

I don't think I've ever been asked to show mine, either. If I ever do decide to flee academia and join the real world, I will be sure to make full use of my one card without an expiry date. Must be some buzz, tbf; doesn't feel as good when it's legitimate.

I went to the Saints cup game v Brechin this season and asked the girl if being a student was a concession, she looked at me and just said 'yeah why not'

15 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

That's the dream ticket. My old Edinburgh one has the date stuck down in the bottom corner, where a thumb can cover it up. Used it the year I between my courses.
Have to say that I've not once been asked for student ID going into a game, so it's probably worth the gamble for anyone under the age of 30 who could look "studenty" at first glance. I think it's the combination of flashing lights at Pittodrie, when you go through the electric gates? But there's no one ever monitoring it.

Edinburgh Uni ones have "staff" on them, shanly :( 

Doesn't mention it on the ticket order for supporters club. 

Odd. Might be a lot of disappointed work-shy students then!

I remember when I was a student that most places did student discounts but fairly sure Hampden (and Ibrox and Celtic Park) didn't. Seem to remember St Johnstone didn't either. Pretty sure Partick Thistle do or did a discount for the unemployed which I found interesting as I hadn't seen elsewhere. Not sure how you prove you've not got a job though.

On 3/10/2017 at 07:32, jmothecat said:

Odd. Might be a lot of disappointed work-shy students then!

I remember when I was a student that most places did student discounts but fairly sure Hampden (and Ibrox and Celtic Park) didn't. Seem to remember St Johnstone didn't either. Pretty sure Partick Thistle do or did a discount for the unemployed which I found interesting as I hadn't seen elsewhere. Not sure how you prove you've not got a job though.

I checked with the club and there isn't any student tickets. 

" *Concession - U16s/Senior Citizen

*Please note, that contrary to the initial statement received from the SFA there will be no Student pricing available for this match. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to our supporters by this error. "

That's w**k.

" *Concession - U16s/Senior Citizen

*Please note, that contrary to the initial statement received from the SFA there will be no Student pricing available for this match. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to our supporters by this error. "
That's w**k.

I wonder why. Not that it makes any difference to me, but both Hibs and Aberdeen offer student discounts for tickets at their home grounds so why wouldn't they for a cup match?

Archived