Dumbarton -v- Raith

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the game McCrorie was playing in. That isn't Ryan, is it? Might explain why he was subbed, but I'm sure SD said you can't play to games in 24 hours or whatever it was.

Maybe we were allowed to play him for 60 minutes.

The reaction by the Raith fans at the game, when Hardie was taken off,  was nothing short of amazing. I've never heard such a shocked reaction from a crowd for many years. It was obvious him coming off was a real mystery to them.

I think Hughes isn't the answer to your problems, he's just a continuation of the mess that Locke made.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

What the f**k did I just watch? Absolute shambles. 

Cracking strike for their second. 

The shot he had that forced the corner was a beauty as well. Good save by your keeper for that one.

1 hour ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

The reaction by the Raith fans at the game, when Hardie was taken off,  was nothing short of amazing. I've never heard such a shocked reaction from a crowd for many years. It was obvious him coming off was a real mystery to them.

I think Hughes isn't the answer to your problems, he's just a continuation of the mess that Locke made.

I couldn't believe that the Hunchback of Notre Dame played the full 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

From the game McCrorie was playing in. That isn't Ryan, is it? Might explain why he was subbed, but I'm sure SD said you can't play to games in 24 hours or whatever it was.

Certainly seems that Ryan Hardie did indeed play for the Rovers yesterday and for Rangers today. Thoughts, @Skyline Drifter?

Just watched the highlights again and Thomson's second really gets better every time you see it, what a strike.

Garry Fleming's goal was glorious to see again, waltzing past opponents and firing it into the net, great goal and you could see it was long awaited for him.

At the time I didn't notice Carswell's reaction to Skacel's really poor challenge so I think he can count himself a bit lucky, but bookings for both seems fair enough.

It's great watching highlights back just now because you can see how good Stanton and Stirling are for us. Marauding runs all the time and such a threat going forward when they're playing the way they are.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

21 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Certainly seems that Ryan Hardie did indeed play for the Rovers yesterday and for Rangers today. Thoughts, @Skyline Drifter?

Here are my thoughts...

On 11/03/2017 at 07:32, The Moonster said:

Rangers are a bunch of c***s.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Development loan rules say you cant. However there may be a difference because it was the Youth Cup rather than a Development League game. The rule itself just says you cant play for both teams without a clear day but Youth Cup doesnt even require all players to be registered so rules are a bit more lax on it. It would be interesting what SPFL views on this are, though if there has been any offence it will have been committed by Rangers not Raith.

Development loan rules say you cant. However there may be a difference because it was the Youth Cup rather than a Development League game. The rule itself just says you cant play for both teams without a clear day but Youth Cup doesnt even require all players to be registered so rules are a bit more lax on it. It would be interesting what SPFL views on this are, though if there has been any offence it will have been committed by Rangers not Raith.

Surely the rangers haven't committed an offence............

Just watched the highlights. Superb goals from Thomson and Fleming in particular. We saw on Saturday what Duffy sees in Thomson. Absolutely brilliant attitude from the big guy in that he continues to give 100% despite his impending move. Stanton was brilliant as the conditions would have had an adverse effect on his style of close ball control and beating men. Nice to see him get on the scoresheet too. Fair play to Raith, they didn't deserve to be 2-0 down at the interval, but their final ball was generally pretty poor and when it wasn't, Aldo and the defence handled it. All in all a great day when we were struggling with injury and suspension. It'll be a very different game next week, but if we can keep it tight who knows?

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Just wildly speculating, but I don't suppose the fact Rangers were needing Hardie for the youth cup tie, explained why we took him off so early?

It's about the only excuse you can make for a truly mental substitution. Although to be fair, the game was done anyway. I think Hughes' use of three players he hasn't even considered putting on so far as his subs was as a reaction to that. 

Hopefully it's the last we see of Scott Roberts in a Rovers shirt. I think even what I saw as his guaranteed move to Clyde in the summer could be gone, with the demise of wee Barry.

On 3/10/2017 at 14:24, sonsism said:

I was already nervous about this game and all these players being out certainly isn't helping.  Big performances needed tomorrow. 

Not brave enough to predict a score but Ryan Stevenson is a certainty to score right after Liam Cusack puts us ahead.

Both were fairly anonymous in the end.

Archived