Dumbarton -v- Raith

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naturally I've spent today thinking what I'd do if I was in Stevie's position. Of course a lot depends on what happens with Sparky and Carswell, but I wouldn't be averse to us going for something like this.

Alan Martin

Ross McCrorie Tom Lang Gregor Buchanan Daniel Harvie

Darren Barr Stuart Carswell

Calum Gallagher Sam Stanton Andy Stirling

Garry Fleming

Barr was decent in centre-mid last season and his lack of pace or positional sense wouldn't be such a major issue, Lang might not have been brilliant in his time so far, but he's young and very inexperienced. Give him a chance, with Barr able to protect him from the front. McCrorie deserves a chance after David Smith's poor performance yesterday and we need to free Calum Gallagher at some point. Robert Thomson naturally has to drop out - not that he will - with Cal Gal SeaGal able to give us far more defensive cover down the right, as well as pace in a role Thomson simply cannot play.

Upfront it's not been working for Nade recently, and Gaz got a really nice assist when he came on, on Saturday, so he deserves a starting spot. Pace all over that team with McCrorie, Lang, SeaGal, Harvie, Stanton and Stirling, and plenty of solid guys too. 

Three points is an absolute must. No doubt about it. Anything less than that can't be considered a good result given how many points we've already dropped at home this season. Hopefully we'll get a big reaction from Saturday, but you never know how much a result will impact on a team.

Sof08 I hav a betting system with a guy in my work where we do bets of a shilling(5p)

if your team starts I will seek you out and present you with a shilling.

difficult to call team without knowing if sparky/carswell will be available but I don't see all our changes taking place and to be honest rom what Lang produced yesterday I wouldn't call him up

Dont see the rush to play Lang, McRorie or Gallacher to be honest.

I expect Stevie will pick as settled a team as possible with no more than two changes, if any, and then only at striker and cm.

Would expect st mirren to win midweek to put everyone close to them further on edge.

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Sof08 I hav a betting system with a guy in my work where we do bets of a shilling(5p)

if your team starts I will seek you out and present you with a shilling.

difficult to call team without knowing if sparky/carswell will be available but I don't see all our changes taking place and to be honest rom what Lang produced yesterday I wouldn't call him up

:lol: I reckon your money is safe - if that team starts I'll be as shocked as anyone.

Team selection for this one is anyone's guess. No Buchanan (suspension), possibly no Docherty for any number of reasons, Carswell too depending on his injury or for disciplinary reasons and Vaughan can't play against his parent club. I think David Smith's levels have dropped a bit in the last couple of games, but he's been one of our most consistent performers, so I would be inclined to cut him some slack. From the little I've seen of McCrorie in each of the games he's played, I think the jury's out on him. Lang, well, he gives me the fear. And not in a good way. Yesterday apart, we've been playing quite well for the last three months, so unless it's down to availability of personnel,  wholesale changes would be a bit mad.

The one thing I would say about Gallagher is that he can't be even close to getting a start. Based on the fact he can't get off the bench at present. The other thing I will take from that is that, he can't be impressing the management team that much in training if he can't even get off the bench. He looked okay when he came off the bench before but that was about it.

Lang isn't anywhere near worth a starting place. He actually looks out of his depth and no matter how badly you think Barr is playing, I wouldn't be bringing Lang in at CB to replace him. David Smith might be worth resting as he must be one of the player in the squad who has played the most? At least in the top 5 in terms of game time. He works hard but had an off day and McCrorie looked pretty competent when he has come on recently.

Shilling/5p betting syndicates, f**k me, our crowd are totally Tonto nuts.

Incredible stuff, honestly can't believe I read that.

I'm betting thruppence ha'penny on Queens Park to beat Third Lanark this weekend, I stand to win a farthing if the wager stoats....

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Shilling/5p betting syndicates, f**k me, our crowd are totally Tonto nuts.

Incredible stuff, honestly can't believe I read that.

I'm betting thruppence ha'penny on Queens Park to beat Third Lanark this weekend, I stand to win a farthing if the wager stoats....

Save your money I don' t think they can play each other so the bet would be void

Archived