Celtic v Rangers Sunday 12th March

He's a goalscorer, he's proved that, he's done it here, in the champions league and for France U21's. Sometimes that's all clubs are looking. For his age he is powerful, quick and composed under pressure and I think he will go on to become a great striker, in any league. Over the years I've seen young strikers come through at Celtic, Burchill, Sheridan, Maloney, Watt etc but dembele is head and shoulders above any of them.

I'm not sure being head and shoulders above cillian Sheridan makes you a 30-40m player

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

He's only worth what people are willing to pay for him, same as any player.

You are of course right there.

My point was more is the likes of Sheridan really the correct benchmark for judging how good he is. 

For example, how does he compare to say Gary Hooper, who scored goals for fun up here, scored goals in the champions league etc but has had pretty minimal impact down South at the top level.

You are of course right there.
My point was more is the likes of Sheridan really the correct benchmark for judging how good he is. 
For example, how does he compare to say Gary Hooper, who scored goals for fun up here, scored goals in the champions league etc but has had pretty minimal impact down South at the top level.

I'm comparing him to other 19/20 year olds who I've seen broke through at Celtic with the promise of big things from them. As that's what he is. Hooper was about 23 when he signed for Celtic.

I feel some **** are conveniently ignoring the fact Moussa has hoored their team 3 times this season. It's always hilarious how many people judge a player's entire career on one bad performance against their own team.

Virgil Van Dijk and Victor Wanyama had poor games too.

5 hours ago, The OP said:

I feel some **** are conveniently ignoring the fact Moussa has hoored their team 3 times this season. It's always hilarious how many people judge a player's entire career on one bad performance against their own team.

Virgil Van Dijk and Victor Wanyama had poor games too.

I feel that I should point out that no "****" at the point you made this post had made any remark about dembeles career on the basis of Sunday . There was an Inverness , st Johnstone and Aberdeen fan discussing the matter rather civilly with a few Celtic fans . The irony of your post being that people should not judge his ability on one poor game against rangers before highlighti that he has scored so many against you guessed it ..... Rangers .

Flos goal scoring record wasn't actually that bad . Price tag was way over the top but that was not his fault .

Im sure i read somewhere it was of a similar level to rod wallace. How much he cost ?

21 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

He's only worth what people are willing to pay for him, same as any player.

You can go round and round all day but this is it in a nutshell.

English football at the top end is awash with money so nothing should surprise us when it comes to transfer fees.

16 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Im sure i read somewhere it was of a similar level to rod wallace. How much he cost ?

Was surprised at that but according to Wikipedia you are correct. Rod was a Bosman.

I do remember he scored a few 'Big' goals for the club

Was surprised at that but according to Wikipedia you are correct. Rod was a Bosman.
I do remember he scored a few 'Big' goals for the club

I wasn't sure on the acquisition of wallace but i remember a previous argument that brought up the stat that goal scoring records were really similar.
Obviously it didn't bode well for flo that he was similar to wallace and cost £12m but a player cant chose the selling price.
And if i remember wallace was no slouch on the goal scoring

Archived