Celtic v Rangers Sunday 12th March

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

I thought he got the Miller and Holt decisions wrong, 2 definite bookings and 1st could easily have been a red but the penalty one you can see why he couldn't give it as he wasn't sure. Griffiths has been on Tv tonight moaning that the ref even asked him if Hill had got to the ball, which only proves the point that he never saw it so couldn't give it.

I thought the Holt tackle was a fair challenge.  Hard but fair.  Would've been raging if that decision went against my team.  I know he scissored him a bit but I still think it was ok.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I thought the Holt tackle was a fair challenge.  Hard but fair.  Would've been raging if that decision went against my team.  I know he scissored him a bit but I still think it was ok.

a scissor tackle is a straight red and has no place in football... it's way more dangerous than the going through the ball style tackles that are being clamped down on.

i'm meh about any refereeing decisions in that game though, we didn't do enough to win the game so wouldn't say we were cheated or unlucky in this regard... 

Can't agree on this one, The ball is still at Roberts feet. IMG_1489446520.952620.jpg

Bennett slagging Joe O'Rourke when that fucking nugget Craig Houston comes out with belters like this

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/713609/celtic-fans-blasted-after-trainspotting-themed-banner-mocks-rangers-over-cash-woes-and-child-abuse/amp/
Screenshot_20170313-221230.thumb.png.8331af7ebd7e34fc4078502a4fdb86d0.png

From that article

“I don’t know a single one who isn’t sickened by child abuse and the fact Rangers just paraded a new manager who is suggested to be Catholic makes the writer of the material look extremely stupid.”

Wtf? Suggested to be a Catholic?
It's 2017 ffs

a scissor tackle is a straight red and has no place in football... it's way more dangerous than the going through the ball style tackles that are being clamped down on.
i'm meh about any refereeing decisions in that game though, we didn't do enough to win the game so wouldn't say we were cheated or unlucky in this regard... 

Why is it more dangerous?

On 12/03/2017 at 23:15, The_Kincardine said:

Oh the brain drain.  Who'd have expected it from the plastics and their glad-handers?

"I'd had not you down as.".is a perfectly reasonable phrase.  However absolutely no c**t is surprised by those who'd never come across it before.

200_s.gif

In a swipe over roof troubles at the club’s Govan ground it added: “Choose a five-star stadium crumbling above you as your new club implodes"

didnt a large section of the jock stein stand fall off recently?

I heard it also landed on a family of stray kittens.

The scissor motion was after he won the ball.

I know what you are saying and some refs would give a foul and a card but I felt it was a fair challenge if not a good one.

Game of opinions though.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

I have no idea who this person is and I don't remember ever electing or joining this Celtic Supporters Association. I'm given to understand a person who has the time to perform an administrative role in a social club had occupied their time whinging about some pish? Colour me surprised.

O'Rourke has been ranting about these sort of things for years.  I didn't think anyone really paid much attention to him these days but I suppose he'll be thrilled to know he has a fan in Bennett. 

The scissor motion was after he won the ball.

I know what you are saying and some refs would give a foul and a card but I felt it was a fair challenge if not a good one.

Game of opinions though.

He won the ball after he'd committed the foul/assault.

Is Moussa Dembele really all that good?

He is obviously big and powerful, and can score goals, but I don't think that's too difficult in a team as dominant as this Celtic one. In January I heard chat about £30-£40m which I find a bit unbelievable.

He's obviously decent, but I don't think his first touch is all that, and he looks quite lazy at times.

Is he really up there with the top young strikers in Europe??

Not for me, seeing as he's scoring against ICT, Hamilton and County every week.  It's all about perspective and objectivity.  Something that never comes into the equation when it comes to all things Celtic or Rangers.

Is Moussa Dembele really all that good?
He is obviously big and powerful, and can score goals, but I don't think that's too difficult in a team as dominant as this Celtic one. In January I heard chat about £30-£40m which I find a bit unbelievable.
He's obviously decent, but I don't think his first touch is all that, and he looks quite lazy at times.
Is he really up there with the top young strikers in Europe??

He's a goalscorer, he's proved that, he's done it here, in the champions league and for France U21's. Sometimes that's all clubs are looking. For his age he is powerful, quick and composed under pressure and I think he will go on to become a great striker, in any league. Over the years I've seen young strikers come through at Celtic, Burchill, Sheridan, Maloney, Watt etc but dembele is head and shoulders above any of them.

Archived