East Fife v Albion Rovers

Seem to remember a St Johnstone fan saying that Kerr was only on contract up to the end of this season.Will be up to their management to decide whether to extend or not.

Agree with the comments regarding James Penrice.He needs to improve his defensive qualities in my opinion,but offensively , he is dynamic  , and has struck up an excellent relationship with Kevin Smith.

Heard a few weeks ago that James Penrice was on the point of signing on loan for Forfar,but that Barry Smith who was scouting for Partick Thistle at the time, swiftly moved in.

Early days yet, but from what I saw on Saturday,Jesse Curran should also be mentioned with the other 2.I thought he put in an excellent shift.

We have a good bunch of lads at the club just now, and maybe wise to start talks for next year while the possibility of next tier football is open. Good bargaining tool. I would happily keep every single one of them just now ( can't remember saying that before). Hard working, honest bunch. And look for a bit more depth to the squad.
That's just me though, dare say others will disagree.

2 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

We have a good bunch of lads at the club just now, and maybe wise to start talks for next year while the possibility of next tier football is open. Good bargaining tool. I would happily keep every single one of them just now ( can't remember saying that before). Hard working, honest bunch. And look for a bit more depth to the squad.
That's just me though, dare say others will disagree.

Tbh I think that's the case with just about every club in the lower leagues. Not sure many lock in players other than towards the end of the season once the clubs know where they'll be playing and what budget. And of course the players are mostly part-time so their jobs and lifestyles may change season upon season. I'd imagine contract talks won't start for another while yet, but I agree it would be good to keep the core of this squad together as they're a great unit.

Archived