St Johnstone v Dundee 11th March 2017

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Widge said:

I don't know if you've spotted the irony in this? Or if you even know what irony is for that matter.

Widge, you take away workmen's only pleasure on building sites by not allowing them to have radios on the job, so you have no right to comment on anything ever again.

On 8 March 2017 at 18:47, tree house tam said:

Muirton was a shitehole.6205484936_9591f7c3a1_b.thumb.jpg.9211446e173ccd749fce225ec57f9327.jpg

That looks like one of the blocks in Ainslie Place in the old Muirton housing scheme.  One of my mates said he went to a Hogmany party in Ainslie Place years ago but had to leave early because some bloke was boring everyone to death.  RandomGuy where did you spend Hogmany 1998?

RandomGuy spent the turnover of 1998 to 1999 boring the life out of party goers in Ainslie Place, Muirton. Some were said to have fallen into coma until the dawn of the new century. Others were lucky and fell asleep early on into RandomGuy's New Year speech - they woke up around March 04th.

It's now known as the moment when RandomGuy was found to be the cure for insomnia.

#Friday's RandomGuy fact

RandomGuy spent the turnover of 1998 to 1999 boring the life out of party goers in Ainslie Place, Muirton. Some were said to have fallen into coma until the dawn of the new century. Others were lucky and fell asleep early on into RandomGuy's New Year speech - they woke up around March 04th.
It's now known as the moment when RandomGuy was found to be the cure for insomnia.
#Friday's RandomGuy fact

099866fcb20839a89a82b0e6e5021add.jpg

I'd been thinking about this and I wonder if it could be a case of Keith Watson playing centre half, since he's probably the best and most dominant player we have in the squad, in the air. I'd be tempted to go with

Clark

Foster Watson Shaughnessy Easton

Wotherspoon Millar (he'll play) Craig Swanson

Alston

McLean

Effectively a 3 man midfield with Millar lying deeper to cover and the onus on Swanson and Alston to get into the box. Craig can shuffle across and cover Swanson when he goes walkabout and Alston and Spoony both do their fair share of defensive work so can't complain about that.

Sounds like Davidson is likely to be back but Millar and Anderson are doubtful. Davidson would be a massive plus if he starts. Widge's backline would be my choice if Anderson doesn't make it although expect we will be subjected to Scobbie struggling against Haber. I'll feel a lot more confident if all three players are in the starting line up.

Wouldn't be upset to see Paton start if only to allow Swanson/Alston/Wotherspoon more freedom.

However, i'll always be grateful for the St Johnstone Scottish Cup win of 2014.

Not often has another teams win been such a delight. They were taken on as my wee diddy team that day and will always have a small place in my heart after that. Thank you St Johnstone, a beautiful team. Maybe even RandomGuy jumped out of his boring shell for a minute or so that day.

:wub:

23 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Sounds like Davidson is likely to be back but Millar and Anderson are doubtful. Davidson would be a massive plus if he starts. Widge's backline would be my choice if Anderson doesn't make it although expect we will be subjected to Scobbie struggling against Haber. I'll feel a lot more confident if all three players are in the starting line up.

Wouldn't be upset to see Paton start if only to allow Swanson/Alston/Wotherspoon more freedom.

I still can't get the shocker Paton had at Dens out of my mind. Hopefully Tommy can't either.

I still can't get the shocker Paton had at Dens out of my mind. Hopefully Tommy can't either.

I missed the game at dens so maybe that colours my judgement. Both him and Craig are shades of "meh" to me to be honest.

Archived