Raith Rovers v St Mirren 8th March 2017

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think teams in freefall generally have a couple of matches where they are unlucky and not getting the luck that they deserve, before they actually pick up a result or two.

We've not even had that yet. Unless Yogi can truly pull a rabbit out the hat we'll lose here and at that stage I would have us as strong favourites to at least be in the bottom two, but in all honesty it'd be a toin coss between ourselves and Ayr as favourites for bottom.

On the other hand, win and we take a significant step to at least securing safety from bottom.

Huge match but St Mirren are in good form with a lot of new players. We're in the same form with the same shite. Impossible to have any optimism. I entirely expect to see the line "didn't realise Raith were actually that bad" a lot, as we've had for much of our last 15 league matches. 0-2.

I think 4 points from this and the Dumbarton game are just about the bare minimum (and I don't really care which way round those points come). Unfortunately, we've all been saying we badly need a win for about the last ten weeks now.  

Furthermore, a win would involve us scoring goals (8 in 17, or 5 in our last 15 league games) and managing not to concede (no clean sheet in our last 12) or keeping it to one and hoping we manage a very rare event and score more than one goal. 

I think we'll lose, sadly. However, our next two games are about our best chance of a result. It's now or never to get a win. 

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

I'm not enjoying going into a game being tipped to win for a change, all set for a downfall :unsure2:

Ryan Hardie will score won't he? This new keeper still to be signed will have a blinder. All very St Mirren. 

I'd make Rovers favourites to go down if they lose this one, I find it utterly bizarre that there isn't even a youth keeper that could be brought in for a couple of games, thought they had a system with the fans to do with youth development, how have they ended up without a single fit keeper? If there is then, if you're a youth keeper, it basically screams that you have absolutely no hope of breaking into the side.

There isn't really what would be see as an "easy" game in Rovers' run-in, aside from this one, last two games of the season could be massive. Can't see Yogi staying if they go down either tbh.

Just now, Michael W said:

The reason we don't have a youth goalkeeper was done to death on the Ayr thread. 

I'll summarise it using two key phrases "Gary Locke" "poor decision". 

I was going to look through that but it's over 50 pages and I could not be fucked trawling through that to find a definite reason, good news is that I've done some quick sums and, if my calculations are correct, the bottom four will be as follows:

St Mirren

Rovers

Dumbarton

Ayr

This does include Rovers beating Ayr on the final day though, as well as picking up a draw in this one.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

I think 4 points from this and the Dumbarton game are just about the bare minimum (and I don't really care which way round those points come). Unfortunately, we've all been saying we badly need a win for about the last ten weeks now.  

Furthermore, a win would involve us scoring goals (8 in 17, or 5 in our last 15 league games) and managing not to concede (no clean sheet in our last 12) or keeping it to one and hoping we manage a very rare event and score more than one goal. 

I think we'll lose, sadly. However, our next two games are about our best chance of a result. It's now or never to get a win. 

Was thinking the same thing earlier while I was taking out the dog. I think Rovers can't really afford to lose either of the next two games and losing both would see them as favourites for the drop IMO. Funny thing is, a couple of wins and everything looks totally different. Signing a keeper would certainly help.

Are we gonna get a rendition of the classic "Boooo!" from you lot on Wednesday?

The away fans generally don't boo as much as the home fans do so you might be spared it, unless of course the referee stitches us up and then you'll no doubt hear some.

I feel shocked at the level of cordiality shown on here so far.  

I think both teams will score, but Saints current momentum should be enough to get us the points.  The bubble won't burst just yet.

But as has been said above, we never do well when we're supposed to.  

Flukey 1-2 and we'll make things interesting at the bottom.  

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The fans have been brilliant recently, especially away from home. Still got time for a good boo though emoji7.png.

It was either moments before or during the play of the first goal against Hibs absolute radges booing like f**k.  Absolutely love it. 

Archived