Raith Rovers v St Mirren 8th March 2017

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Feeling a bit more optimistic now that Shull has started this thread. When was the last time St Mirren won a game that Shull started the match thread?

13 days ago!

I am really looking forward to this.

A chance to get to a National Final.

Will be a tough match.

Super Saints 2 The New Saints 0

Crowd 2487

We are apparently putting Eric Drysdale in goals on Wednesday hoping he'll be like a woman and let everything in except the baws. ;):P

Cause he's cocked up a few times.  Yes I do like a joke but what's happenedis not funny and doesn't look to being resolved anytime soon. That's why I posted this.  How that man is still in his position I can't understand maybe it's because the board is full of his cronies I don't know maybe someone can enlighten us.:o

8 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

We are apparently putting Eric Drysdale in goals on Wednesday hoping he'll be like a woman and let everything in except the baws. ;):P

I'd love to joke about the situation, but it's still fucking mental that we don't have fit keeper on the books. 

Not feeling particularly confident, but if we can start taking the chances we were missing on Wednesday that would be nice. Completely different team we're playing to the last few times we've faced Saints. Time for the players to stand up and be counted. 

I can live with misery, it's the hope that really fucks you up.  

So, I think that the purple patch will continue and we'll hit five past you.  

Let's face it, we're still 5 points adrift at the wrong end of the league.  Still got my ticket for the relegation express.  Can we really do this?

Can see there being a very negative atmosphere in starks for this one. The inevitable 'drysdale drysdale get to f**k' or 'sack the board' chants sure won't help our players. Another defeat looks inevitable no matter who is in goal.

Well if he fcuked off before the game then you wouldn't get the negative chants.  So if he's sitting in the directors box he's giving two fingers to the fans.  Take that anyway you want.  I won't be there as I have seen enough pish this season and I can think of a few crossword puzzles that I need to finish.

I can live with misery, it's the hope that really fucks you up.  
So, I think that the purple patch will continue and we'll hit five past you.  
Let's face it, we're still 5 points adrift at the wrong end of the league.  Still got my ticket for the relegation express.  Can we really do this?

It's egg and soup, served with a pork pie sausage roll.

23 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Eric goes around about the ground before the game. If there's chants, I'd rather folk waited until after the final whistle. Doesn't serve any purpose to do it during the game. Even during the Hibs game the atmosphere was a bit more positive

The atmosphere at half time at Ayr took me by surprise, it was probably more to do with Ryan Stevenson being in goal, but there was a sense of the travelling support (hing on), getting right behind the Rovers as the team came off to a standing ovation.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Is there really a chance Raith still won't have a keeper for this? Was Stevenson even that bad? 

He made a couple of cracking saves but Raith played 5 at the back to protect him as much as possible, which obviously altered their chances. They still should have got a point, maybe even 3.

This isn't going to be a walk over, we are playing much better and are a different team but we have the ex player and ex Ton player effect to consider.

Just hope we don't pick up any injuries today and the team's new found confidence doesn't get shattered going into this game.

Archived