Games off today

3 hours ago, Cass_Sba said:

Yes mate the same area that's been giving us problems the last couple of years. Think the committee are putting plans together to sort this in the summer but until then not a lot they can do. The water just sitting on the surface and won't drain through the ground. Very disappointing as the park has been playable all week. 

I was blissfully unaware that the weather had been poor overnight. Do you think an artificial surface is a possibility for Hannah Park ?

23 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I was blissfully unaware that the weather had been poor overnight. Do you think an artificial surface is a possibility for Hannah Park ?

Personally I'd love to see one as a source of income to the club to help secure our future and have a base for the players that we train on etc but can't see where the money would come from to pay for it in the 1st place. If it was to happen I'd welcome it with but also think you get a different game on it compared to grass. 

There is plans in place to try and go down the Community route but retain the grass surface with only a couple of teams playing under the banner.The problem is when the park was origionally built there was no drains whatsoever put in the park. We have already had a quote for too put a full drainage system in during the close season subject to meeting the grant criteria. Generally the park has been okay apart from the last couple of seasons. The park has been perfect all week and even at 8pm last night it was okay but due to the heavy rainfall over a short period of time and the water table currently lying very high which isnt helping 

Archived