Stenny v Peterhead

No interest in this crunch game? Any Stenhousemuir fans help me out? Basically there are three of us coming to the game, and we have a night out in Edinburgh after. Our hotel is in Musselburgh for some reason so I was wondering if there was anywhere in Ochilview where we could dump our bags during the game, rather than drag our arse's oot to Musselburgh and back just to dump our bags, then get to the game? I doubt the stewards would let us take holdalls into the ground eh?

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

No interest in this crunch game? Any Stenhousemuir fans help me out? Basically there are three of us coming to the game, and we have a night out in Edinburgh after. Our hotel is in Musselburgh for some reason so I was wondering if there was anywhere in Ochilview where we could dump our bags during the game, rather than drag our arse's oot to Musselburgh and back just to dump our bags, then get to the game? I doubt the stewards would let us take holdalls into the ground eh?

Im guessing you are travelling by train? If so, as Beaver said above, the folk in the wee bar will help you out.

As for the game. First time for weeks. In fact maybe the first time this season we actually have a squad of players to pick from. Mason Robertson looked good in his debut, and I'm assuming Thomas Grant has been signed with a view to being a first XI player as opposed to a bench warmer. So will we see changes today or will we go with the tried and tested?

12 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Stick them in my car,ill be there 1 ish and i can give you a lift into edinburgh after the game

51 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Also, Tryst Road is closed as they are working on it. So parking at the local primary may be hard to get to.

cheers for that i usually head that way

It's half time and Stenhousemuirt should be about five goals up. Peterhead started very well and carved out some decent chances but as soon as Alan Cook leathered home a free-kick from 25 yards, there's only been one team in it. Mason Robertson headed home the second from a corner before Rory McAllister presumably said something nasty to the referee to earn a red card. This is Stenny's match to throw away now.

Very poor performance from us and Stenhousemuir deserved to win. Rory getting sent off didn't help but maybe wouldn't have changed the outcome if the referee had shown a yellow instead of a straight red. We will have to improve to stay up.

McAllister getting sent off for being a mouthpiece brilliant - really depise him. In all seriousness though the book should be thrown at him, I can accept a player being sent off for a bad tackle but for being so stupid as mouthing at the ref is just idiotic.

Peterhead keeper was very shakey today as well. From a home perpective we got a well deserved win despite looking like we were going to throw it away at the start of the second half

McAlister called the referee a cheat. Plus an expletive. See you next Tuesday. And I've no idea what his beef was. 

We might be bottom but we are nowhere near the worst team in this league. 

At last we have someone to take the pressure off mcmenamin. Robertson deserved MOTM.

1 hour ago, blueone said:

We're going down.:(

It is looking like it might become a reality. Same problems all season (and the end of last) and no improvement. No doubt Jim will be dishing out the contract extensions soon.

Decent performance from the warriors the day. With the exception of the start of the second half where we just weren't switched on, I thought we looked comfortable throughout. 

No idea where Robertson came from but based on today's performance he looks a tidy player and one who will hopefully stay with us. Quick, strong, good technically and held the ball up well when required. The young lad on the right was decent as well today and his delivery was generally on the money. Did cook leave his shooting boots in the changing room the day though!! Couple of horrific efforts on goal when it looked easier to score. 

I've always thought we had a decent enough squad for this division but these guys look like two excellent additions that'll hopefully help us pick up a few more wins and get us up the league. 

The peterhead striker was an absolute idiot for getting sent off for whatever he said to the ref. When I saw the ref going for his pocket I assumed it would have been yellow. 

25 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It is looking like it might become a reality. Same problems all season (and the end of last) and no improvement. No doubt Jim will be dishing out the contract extensions soon.

I said that at the end of last season when we totally collapsed and never kicked a ball as soon as we reached the final of the Challenge Cup - Mcinally has taken them as far as he can and a complete change of direction was required for this season. I don't think this team has the guts or leadership required to get out of a relegation dog-fight. The defence has been a problem all season and we have conceded 45 goals - filling it with young inexperienced loanees is not the answer, especially with a goalkeeper who is poor at cross balls.

I said that at the end of last season when we totally collapsed and never kicked a ball as soon as we reached the final of the Challenge Cup - Mcinally has taken them as far as he can and a complete change of direction was required for this season. I don't think this team has the guts or leadership required to get out of a relegation dog-fight. The defence has been a problem all season and we have conceded 45 goals - filling it with young inexperienced loanees is not the answer, especially with a goalkeeper who is poor at cross balls.

I agree. Problem is they have extended Jim's contract another year and sacking him now probably won't change the outcome of this season. Decisions to be made by the board for sure.

Archived