Montrose v Annan

Looking forward to what Stewart petrie has up his sleeve team wise, interesting selection on Tuesday night and good to see the whole team doing their bit. Hopefully we can get a win here and keep the pressure on Annan

Win would be great but as long as we don't get beat then we would remain with a chance of play-off as plenty of games left. Team selection is interesting every week now with options which is great.

It will be very interesting to see the teamsheet this Saturday. I was worried when I saw the line up at Clyde (report now on the club website)but SP got it right and brought the experienced players on in the second half to see the game out. To be fair it could have gone tits up if we'd shipped an early goal and the same could be the case if we do the same against Annan. On balance I'd give it a go with the same starting line up as there was a lot more pace and movement in the young team he put out. In addition he needs to see how these lads perform so he can think about shaping his team for next season. Yes, it would be nice to beat Annan and maybe get into the play-off positions but let's not get carried away.

I hear Cammy Ballantyne has got a new contract with Dundee so they clearly see him as future potential and rightly so. I'd like to think he would be here again next season but he will probably get in their first team or be loaned out in the Championship somewhere. Looking forward to the game.

Said earlier in the season when you boys slipped to bottom of the league that you would be fine and Montrose have been the team thats impressed me most at Galabank since the tail end of last season and this season. Expect another hard game especially if Weatherson is out.

2-1 Annan
Smart double

Well in 37 years of watching football, all I can say is today was easily the worst referee I have ever seen. 

Totally inept. I hope we never ever have him again. 

1st half defensively killed us, 2nd half was the Alamo ....... 

.....,...:: bolo clearly pulled back .... penalty...:: not according to Mr Inept 

Sadly this game will be remembered as above.
1. Poor defending
2. All out attack in second half.
3. Dreadful standard of refereeing and from the far side linesman a poor performance also. I've never seen a linesman (stand side) have to be so involved in a game trying his best to pacify players and the dugout squad from the referee's blunders.
Any Annan supporter reading this? Your team turned up, played a lot of long balls in the first half. They didn't turn up in the second half. But this game was all about the abysmal refereeing standards.

Pascazio rightly hooked at half time. He just couldn't cope with the Annan long ball approach (which was surprisingly successful first half). Awful defensive performance in the first half. All out attack second half. Some of Kerr's crosses were fantastic. Very unlucky not to at least equalise. Too many missed opportunities though: Fraser's poor penalty, Fraser 6 yards out blazing over second half, Templeman and Bolo headers in last 10 minutes.

So many incidents which could sum up the complete ineptitude of the refereeing team but for me the most ridiculous ones were when Templeman was at least twice pushed from BEHIND yet was himself flagged offside.

Strange game, terrible ref, disappointing result on the carpet (again).

Can't see Annan dropping an 8 point gap with 27 left on the table, huge result for them holding on today.

Yes defending was poor in first half and all three goals were avoidable......but that clown  has been at LP More than once this season and is pathetic beyond belief. 

SP rightly having words at half and full time. The lead up to the first goal summed up his whole day. However I'm sure the SFA think he is great. 

Boys gave it their all in 2nd half it just wasn't to be, another day could have scored 4 or 5. 

Annan are nothing but a long ball team who lump it at every chance. 

Still think we we can sneak into the playoffs ....

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

Who cares a shit about long ball,short ball, intricating passes, 4 4 2, 4 3 3, 2 4 4 ;

Result - we stuffed you lot, so take a hike ya winging peh (East coast dialect for pie) people 

Peh is a strictly Dundee thing,get it right.

Certainly no disaster losing yesterday especially considering where we were in the table just a few months ago.

I'm not too fussed about not making the playoffs this season as I don't think we a ready for it yet. I would much rather see SP make a serious push for the top of the table next season.

Keptie is correct......" hoat peh n' fling in an ingin' " is a 'Dundeh ' expression.
Staple fuel source at the end of a night before the hike up Lochee road .
Reads like Annan were under the cosh in the second half but away wins in this league are a welcome bonus to every club seeking that wee lift and are very hard to get . Those at Annan will not be overly concerned about how the match developed because they got all three points.

All I'll say about the game yesterday is that I don't blame Annan in any way, They did what any other team would have done and rode their luck with what the referee did to us. The decision which led to the first goal was beyond belief and both sets of players were surrounding the ref. Annan wanted a corner and Mo wanted the offside free kick but the ref simply ordered a bounce up. In other words he hadn't a clue and the linesman should have stepped in and clarified that he did in fact flag for offside.

I thought Annan were the best team first half but Mo were the better in the second half despite the continual angst of the officials who even turned on Annan near the end and red carded one of their players. We often blame the officials but yesterday simply won the 'worst ref' award outright.

Archived