Fraserburgh v Buckie Thistle 04/03/17

Burnie_man

On 04/03/2017 at 15:45, Jimmy Shaker said:

You should know by now that certain folk ruined this part of the site, and that your source for all SHFL related news is another site. 

I would always go to FN for my HFL news but what are these shenanigans of which you speak?

On 04/03/2017 at 15:45, Jimmy Shaker said:

You should know by now that certain folk ruined this part of the site, and that your source for all SHFL related news is another site. 

Just like you and the armchair fan from Coventry ruined FN. More Vale fans would probably use it if you pair of pillocks never ran it. :1eye

• 1 month later...

Go back a few years and according to reports they were the only club to vote against HL joining the pyramid.

However I recently heard indirectly from someone I know who lives up there (not a Jags fan) that they're now up for promotion?

Unless their floodlights are rubbish - and if so they could presumably be repaired - their ground is already compliant.

EDIT: As in they're Entry licensed and SPFL1/2 criteria = Entry licence + Bronze floodlights.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Go back a few years and according to reports they were the only club to vote against HL joining the pyramid.

However I recently heard indirectly from someone I know who lives up there (not a Jags fan) that they're now up for promotion?

Unless their floodlights are rubbish - and if so they could presumably be repaired - their ground is already compliant.

Oh well, there ye go, who knew...not me, obviously

Personally I think EK offer much more in the way of the dreaded 'potential', given it's Scotland's sixth biggest town...although no doubt the place is crawling with fans of 'other' teams

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Buckie perhaps a "pleasanter" place to visit for away fans. Plus derbies v Elgin (especially) and Peterhead.

Got to say I have never really lined up "Buckie" and "pleasanter" in my head before tbh, but I imagine in comparison to East Kilbride and its famous concrete facades...well, yes quite

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Buckie perhaps a "pleasanter" place to visit for away fans. Plus derbies v Elgin (especially) and Peterhead.

Having been to every Highland League ground lately, Buckie as a town is undoubtedly the most godforsaken hole in the Highlands. They were also, I believe, the only team to vote against the pyramid. Wick didn't bother turning up but would probably have joined them. Heard the blazers are growing into the idea, not the players though.

The possibility of promotion has had the Bucktards on Fitba North positively suicidal from thinking about it. Plenty whining about only ever playing Berwick and Stranraer away from home on Wednesdays in January, and how football is nothing without fans. 

Their ground has plenty of social clubs and bars, mainly because their support is heavily split over all manner of trivial issues and they don't all get on. 

Archived